[PC] Shack with basement, hooked downstairs, appear upstairs. (& player model Y coordinates off)

Example

Step 1 : Boot the game [PC]

Step 2 : Play as survivor on the Grim Pantry - Backwater Swamp map where a shack basement is present. In this instance the survivor is Feng Min.

Step 3 : In-game, be hooked in the shack basement by the killer. In this instance, the killer is Leatherface.

Step 4 : Notice the hooked survivor floating upstairs in the shack, rather than appearing on a hook in the basement.

Note: No unhook option is visible on the character - it is only available in the basement itself, where the player model is not visible.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

  • Character played - bugged character was Feng Min. The killer was Leatherface.
  • Perks played - bugged character used Quick and Quiet, Head On, Detective's Hunch and Inner Strength.
  • Map - Grim Pantry - Backwater Swamp.
  • Frequency of the issue - Unknown, only time I've had this map today.
  • The survivor was previously in a locker, as shown in the footage. Likely doesn't have influence, although as it may be a contributing factor I am noting it here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_vKS2XllB4 hookedsurv.JPG hookedsurv2.JPG hookedsurv3.JPG

I could not find the log file on my computer. Hopefully the above is sufficient.

Tagged: Acknowledged

Comments

  • The following thread was posted two days after, and appears to be a different perspective of the same bug - the hooked survivor.

    @Freki said:

    Simple: start game, play a few matches then the match that was wierd:

    Playing Temple of Purgation, normal game play until killer went to hook me in the basement. I was invisible when hooked, then when i was unhooked I ended up feet on the ground above where I should have been. other players say I was invisible after the unhooking. Seemed there was some sort of lag when I was being hooked. I was able to run on the ground and escape the match.

    Played Claudette (p3-50) in same p3 clothing. Ran Red Forest offering, urban evasion, iron will, self care and alert.

    This happened once, did not impact my game play but did allow me to skip going up the stairs to get out.

    nothing recorded the match, here are my logs, i did play a few matches after.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/211/GWFANX6FIN1L.log

    Link included here to make information easier to keep track of, because I can't stop duplicate threads or get people to search and I'd like this to get fixed.

  • Bump.


    Adding this link, as same issue on a different, more recent thread.

    @Freki said:

    Simple: start game, play a few matches then the match that was wierd:

    Playing Temple of Purgation, normal game play until killer went to hook me in the basement. I was invisible when hooked, then when i was unhooked I ended up feet on the ground above where I should have been. other players say I was invisible after the unhooking. Seemed there was some sort of lag when I was being hooked. I was able to run on the ground and escape the match.

    Played Claudette (p3-50) in same p3 clothing. Ran Red Forest offering, urban evasion, iron will, self care and alert.

    This happened once, did not impact my game play but did allow me to skip going up the stairs to get out.

    nothing recorded the match, here are my logs, i did play a few matches after.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/211/GWFANX6FIN1L.log


  • @Sal said:

    Example

    Step 1 : Boot the game [PC]

    Step 2 : Play as survivor on the Grim Pantry - Backwater Swamp map where a shack basement is present. In this instance the survivor is Feng Min.

    Step 3 : In-game, be hooked in the shack basement by the killer. In this instance, the killer is Leatherface.

    Step 4 : Notice the hooked survivor floating upstairs in the shack, rather than appearing on a hook in the basement.

    Note: No unhook option is visible on the character - it is only available in the basement itself, where the player model is not visible.

    ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

    • Character played - bugged character was Feng Min. The killer was Leatherface.
    • Perks played - bugged character used Quick and Quiet, Head On, Detective's Hunch and Inner Strength.
    • Map - Grim Pantry - Backwater Swamp.
    • Frequency of the issue - Unknown, only time I've had this map today.
    • The survivor was previously in a locker, as shown in the footage. Likely doesn't have influence, although as it may be a contributing factor I am noting it here.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_vKS2XllB4

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/257/CLH7Z220G6AG.jpg

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/556/X0HC13FSKC68.jpg

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/002/XB7Y4MA4IQ3G.jpg

    I could not find the log file on my computer. Hopefully the above is sufficient.

    lol and budda still face camped for a little while

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I also saw this happen in Mother's Dwelling with the basement spawn in the main building, so apparently it's not exclusive to the shack.

    Useful to know - thank you

  • image.png

    Same happened to me while playing Dwight. Killer was Nightmare

  • This is still not fixed. :(