Quality of life suggestions from a Deaf player
Hey guys. I recently made this post via reddit, and I'll copy and paste the contents here.
I just joined via the PS+ freebie and I've been having a huge blast with this game and everything about it.
However, I feel like this game could have a little bit of accessibility options. Which I feel like could be implemented fairly and not be used in a situation where it's being used for an unfair advantage.
The first suggestion is that, I feel like there should be a rumble feature for the terror radius. It could be a gentle pulse to a harsh pulse depending on the range and how far you are from the killer. I believe this is a fair mechanic and does not really encourage a disadvantage, and in fact it works for a lot of people since some people play with a lower volume, or with music in the background or so on. So I feel like this could be used by anyone to have a fun time.
Second suggestion is that I feel like there could possibly be a survivor noise radius wheel. Limit it to a few meters, you can be notified someone made a loud action nearby to your character. Obviously this would need some specific tweaks, but this could be limited to a few meters instead of having a quite large radius like the Killer does.
Third suggestion is for the pain notification the survivor has, I would actually like to see a small notification, maybe on the side of the screens or close to the general UI area is a small sound icon that would notify me how much noise I'm making while hurt.
I think these are a few QoL suggestions I think that would improve accessibility and have an overall experience improvement for those who have a disadvantage with their hearing but while keeping the gameplay fair and not attempt to give anyone a large advantage, and I'd imagine these options to be opted-in or out any time, no one will be required to use these features and turn on via the option menu.
Comments
these are actually brilliant suggestions
What do you mean with rumble feature? You mean controller vibration? Then you have to realize that this doesnt work with mouse/keyboard
I really like these ideas!