Trapper On Lerys

The Trapper on Lerys is awful. Without dark traps (in which he does amazing in that case) his power is negligible.

You can't trap anything because they stick out like sore thumbs. There's no wild grass in Lerys and nothing is done to compensate that.

I don't understand why the developers keep leaving Trapper in the dust. He's a great killer, one of the first and literally the most iconic in their game, and he has nothing to show for it here.

Trapper needs more obstructions to help better his trap placement, and I have several suggestions.


  • Piles of Trash

There's some parts of the map littered with trash. This is minimal in terms of obstructing the bright brown traps. But its something that may be put near pallets to make them a little less noticeable while in chase.


  • Stone Bricks

Stone bricks in the bathroom showcase how most areas in the map can be used to the Trapper's benefit. The thickness and layout of these bricks allow the trap to sneak under it and go relatively unseen.


  • MORE GRASS

Its an abandoned institution, add more grace in rooms and in the center! Something!

Comments

  • I wouldn't mind more obscurement for Lery's, but if you want to make Trapper better on Lery's, the real trick would be changing the windows/door spawns to make the map a little more restrictive and give less options in chase.

    While Trapper's traps can work great if they go unseen, most high-level Trappers do not rely on that unless they're throwing out a wildcard trap (and the patches of grass Lery's DOES have are phenomenal for wildcards). Most of the time, high-level Trappers will throw one down expecting Survivors to see it, but the point is that they either have to accept not being able to go that way which might screw them over in a chase, or disarm it and thus reveal their position.


    I would rather have fewer entrances/exits to worry about in a map like Lery's as Trapper than better coverings for traps. In an area with foliage, I can place down a trap and maybe it'll be useful. In an area with only 1-2 entrances/exits, I can place down a trap and there's a high chance it'll be useful. In an area with no foliage and 4-5 entrances/exits, I can't do much of anything except try to block pallets and take chances with the windows.