Are higher ranks playing SWF with lower ranks in order to be matched against lower ranked killers?

It seems this way to me. I'm new to killer and keep getting matches with red and yellow rank players. It seems unfair.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • The matchmaking currently is just a mess. I play solo and can get anything from a full team of rank 16-20 to red ranks. Same with playing Killer. I'm red rank and i get all colors of ranks.

  • No. SWF uses the highest ranking survivor for MM. The problem is there are not enough high rank killers that are needed for the amount of high rank survivors and SWF groups with high rank survivors in the game. So the MM ends up matching them with any rank killer after a while to ensure faster queue times for survivors.

  • Is there any way to tell if they're red rank in the lobby? I don't want to play with them.

  • @Sadsnacks said:

    Is there any way to tell if they're red rank in the lobby? I don't want to play with them.

    Unfortunately.... not really. You can ether look at their friendlist to see if SWF but they can block that... you can ASSUME by outfits and items

    But that really is it...

  • I don't mind if they're a group I just don't want to play against red rank players yet. It's just hard to tell

  • I’ve had quite a few games with newer players in my party and yes I get matched up with killers mostly ranked close to them I’m a 7-8 range survivor and they were 19 and 20 and we got 17 ranked killers. I just take it easy and play more of a chilled game when I see the killer is obviously newer or at least newer to that particular killer.

  • @Sadsnacks said:

    I don't mind if they're a group I just don't want to play against red rank players yet. It's just hard to tell

    Unfortunately, it's pretty much unavoidable with the matchmaking as it currently is, especially once you get to around green ranks as killer. Your best bet is to sit tight and wait for the new matchmaking system, which we've been told should arrive in the near-ish future.