Huntress Tips

Hello Peeps of the fog. With Huntress coming to the tome this week i was going to give her the old college try again. What are some tips for playing her and some good perk combos?

Comments

  • As i have been trying to be a good huntress player i can tell you what i did.

    Perks - Shadowborn - FOV is a wonderful thing. Plus it makes it seem like you are walking faster so you don't feel the 110% movement speed. Only real problem is if you get used to running it, there's a relearning curve with the aim if you take it off.

    Bbq- One of the few killers who can possibly benefit from the aura reading.

    Those are the only 2 perks i think have to be run honestly. Iron maiden is good for faster reloading, im all ears can get you some surprise hatchets. Bitter murmur possibly does the same as BBQ aura wise. Just ignore any perks that require m1 attacks to proc.

    Addons - the exhaustion add-ons are amazing. And cheap. The brown one causes 30 seconds of exhaustion. Great if you can get first hit in.

    I myself stay away from faster windup add-ons, as i don't want to mess up the muscle memory of how long it takes to actually throw a hatchet

    Iri head, well I dont use it. Nothing wrong with it but i expect to see a ton of them in the coming weeks.

    Gameplay, dont go for long range shots at first. Get used to the windup and arc. Keep in mind that a charged shot and a quick flick do the same amount of damage but it but time held does affect the arc of the throw.

    Farming for target practice isnt horrible. Not saying go into the match to farm, but if the situatuon arises take advantage.

    The lullaby is 40 meters so survivors will have a head start. Try to approach from the direction survivors will want to run in. Also lullaby is not affected by monitor

  • Perks I use on her:

    • BBQ
    • Nurses Calling
    • Whispers
    • Iron Maiden (gotta love fast reloads)

    But you might change one of them for Pop goes the Weasel or another genslowing Perk.


    Well for tips. I think it's better to watch some Main Huntresses like Umbra or Ralph.

    But i generally try to bait survivor with faking a hatchet throw, so they use Dead Hard or run straight into an object while I just cancel the animation and swing the big axe at them.

    Hitboxes are 50:50 with her. Either you get hits you didn't deserve or one pixel blocks your whole Hatchet. Just accept that.

    Reloading during a chase can be a good idea.

    If you have problems with aiming, some monitors have the option to make a crosshair in the middle of your screen.


    I don't play her that much, so I guess others can help with more tips :)

  • As far as tips go, I'll say three things:

    1. Charge your hatchets when you can. Charged hatchets are way harder for a survivor to dodge. You should only lob hatchets when they're right next to you or if you absolutely have to. (Or to curve it over something if you want to be fancy.)
    2. Sometimes, you just gotta' power through it. If the survivor is good and you can't throw over the loop, pulling a hatchet in hopes that they'll drop it will backfire. There's going to be times where you can't get a hit with a hatchet and just need to M1.
    3. Unless you're confident you're about to get the down, don't chase without hatchets.

    For perks, avoid anything that relies on basic attacks. You should be using basic attacks as little as possible. Anything that gives you aura reading is a little more valuable than normal since you can use those auras to hit someone far away. Anything that's based on pallets (stuff like Spirit Fury or Enduring) are a little less valuable because you're probably not going to get stunned as much (and you can throw over pallets).

    Some that I would recommend:

    1. Iron Maiden. It's good for reloading in the middle of a chase without losing a ton of ground. Sometimes people will leave the tile thinking that they have time only for you to catch them off guard with a fast reload. It also gives you a fair amount of info on where survivors are if paired with BBQ; you see them if they hide in a locker, you see them if they don't.
    2. Deerstalker. One of her strengths is being able to quickly switch targets and down multiple people. Deerstalker helps you keep track of people and find your slugs.
    3. Nurse's Calling. Again, aura reading is great on the Huntress. Healing survivors are really easy to hit since they aren't moving, making for some easy downs/hits.
    4. BBQ. This one's pretty obvious. It's a good perk on other killers and even better when you can throw a hatchet across the entire map and hit someone with it.
    5. I'm All Ears. Seeing people after a vault lets you aim a hatchet before they come around the corner.
    6. Bitter Murmur. Again, aura reading is good. I tend not to use this one myself since I try to stop the gens from going off as much as possible, but if you're still learning her, it's not a bad choice.

    I'd also avoid anything that's based on your terror radius. She has a very small radius (20m), so perks that activate within your terror radius aren't very good. She also has a 45m lullaby that's independent of your terror radius, so anything that reduces or hides your terror radius isn't ideal.

  • @Peanits said:

    As far as tips go, I'll say three things:

    1. Charge your hatchets when you can. Charged hatchets are way harder for a survivor to dodge. You should only lob hatchets when they're right next to you or if you absolutely have to. (Or to curve it over something if you want to be fancy.)
    2. Sometimes, you just gotta' power through it. If the survivor is good and you can't throw over the loop, pulling a hatchet in hopes that they'll drop it will backfire. There's going to be times where you can't get a hit with a hatchet and just need to M1.
    3. Unless you're confident you're about to get the down, don't chase without hatchets.

    For perks, avoid anything that relies on basic attacks. You should be using basic attacks as little as possible. Anything that gives you aura reading is a little more valuable than normal since you can use those auras to hit someone far away. Anything that's based on pallets (stuff like Spirit Fury or Enduring) are a little less valuable because you're probably not going to get stunned as much (and you can throw over pallets).

    Some that I would recommend:

    1. Iron Maiden. It's good for reloading in the middle of a chase without losing a ton of ground. Sometimes people will leave the tile thinking that they have time only for you to catch them off guard with a fast reload. It also gives you a fair amount of info on where survivors are if paired with BBQ; you see them if they hide in a locker, you see them if they don't.
    2. Deerstalker. One of her strengths is being able to quickly switch targets and down multiple people. Deerstalker helps you keep track of people and find your slugs.
    3. Nurse's Calling. Again, aura reading is great on the Huntress. Healing survivors are really easy to hit since they aren't moving, making for some easy downs/hits.
    4. BBQ. This one's pretty obvious. It's a good perk on other killers and even better when you can throw a hatchet across the entire map and hit someone with it.
    5. I'm All Ears. Seeing people after a vault lets you aim a hatchet before they come around the corner.
    6. Bitter Murmur. Again, aura reading is good. I tend not to use this one myself since I try to stop the gens from going off as much as possible, but if you're still learning her, it's not a bad choice.

    I'd also avoid anything that's based on your terror radius. She has a very small radius (20m), so perks that activate within your terror radius aren't very good. She also has a 45m lullaby that's independent of your terror radius, so anything that reduces or hides your terror radius isn't ideal.

    Irrelevant but you know what I'm going to ask next ๐Ÿ˜‰ will her old safaran physics come back? I did see two suggestions on this. I don't know why I'm so desperate for the physics to return. Sorry if I'm pestering about it.

  • I play her on console so that may differ but I really enjoy her heres my build.

    1. Corrupt Intervention
    2. Whispers
    3. Nurse's Calling
    4. BBQ and Chili

    For add ons I personally never used any with her as I wanted to get used to how she throws, the arcs you can get sometimes, certain hitboxes on obstacles, ect. but as @csandman1977 said avoid the wind up add ons to get used to her wind up. Sometimes just pulling your hatchet out but not throwing it you can potentially bait a survivor to go to a dead zone where you can M1 or just get an easier hatchet throw. Also never think the games over if alot of gens pop and you've barely hooked people as Huntress is great at snowballing, so a bleak situation can still be a win.

    @csandman1977 said:

    As i have been trying to be a good huntress player i can tell you what i did.

    Perks - Shadowborn - FOV is a wonderful thing. Plus it makes it seem like you are walking faster so you don't feel the 110% movement speed. Only real problem is if you get used to running it, there's a relearning curve with the aim if you take it off.

    Bbq- One of the few killers who can possibly benefit from the aura reading.

    Those are the only 2 perks i think have to be run honestly. Iron maiden is good for faster reloading, im all ears can get you some surprise hatchets. Bitter murmur possibly does the same as BBQ aura wise. Just ignore any perks that require m1 attacks to proc.

    Addons - the exhaustion add-ons are amazing. And cheap. The brown one causes 30 seconds of exhaustion. Great if you can get first hit in.

    I myself stay away from faster windup add-ons, as i don't want to mess up the muscle memory of how long it takes to actually throw a hatchet

    Iri head, well I dont use it. Nothing wrong with it but i expect to see a ton of them in the coming weeks.

    Gameplay, dont go for long range shots at first. Get used to the windup and arc. Keep in mind that a charged shot and a quick flick do the same amount of damage but it but time held does affect the arc of the throw.

    Farming for target practice isnt horrible. Not saying go into the match to farm, but if the situatuon arises take advantage.

    The lullaby is 40 meters so survivors will have a head start. Try to approach from the direction survivors will want to run in. Also lullaby is not affected by monitor

    I never used Shadowborn as I heard it would mess me up going back and forth between using it and not using it. I've been tempted for a while to use it as Huntress has become a fav of mine I just don't know which perk I would give up as they all benefit my playstyle.

  • @Xx_Daniel_xX69 said:

    I play her on console so that may differ but I really enjoy her heres my build.

    1. Corrupt Intervention
    2. Whispers
    3. Nurse's Calling
    4. BBQ and Chili

    For add ons I personally never used any with her as I wanted to get used to how she throws, the arcs you can get sometimes, certain hitboxes on obstacles, ect. but as @csandman1977 said avoid the wind up add ons to get used to her wind up. Sometimes just pulling your hatchet out but not throwing it you can potentially bait a survivor to go to a dead zone where you can M1 or just get an easier hatchet throw. Also never think the games over if alot of gens pop and you've barely hooked people as Huntress is great at snowballing, so a bleak situation can still be a win.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1237820#Comment_1237820

    I never used Shadowborn as I heard it would mess me up going back and forth between using it and not using it. I've been tempted for a while to use it as Huntress has become a fav of mine I just don't know which perk I would give up as they all benefit my playstyle.

    I run BBQ, whispers, shadowborn, and currently brutal strength but sometimes iron maiden or pop or just about anything really.