The tomes

On day 29/04 will release the new time, and remembering the older tomes I think it should be added more content for who don't buy the battle pass, because you only get one thing for 3 or 4 levels of progress on the rift what makes me feel forced to buy the battle pass (if I cared about cosmetics of course)

Comments

  • The idea of a battlepass is that you're paying for the content, but it's scaled directly to the amount of time you're willing to play the game, as you level up and gain rewards by paying £10, a single outfit price for around 4-5 outfits if you finish it. (More if you buy the levels outright ofcourse). The items are optional and do not affect gameplay, and you are still recieving rewards even if you dont purchase one so you dont feel left out; I feel like the rewards are pretty fair considering the prices of the cosmetics and the price of the battlepass.

    Sure the outfits are limited edition, but you're never forced to purchase it, cosmetics do not give any benefits to the gameplay! :)

  • I never liked the tomes personally. The moment they come out,it's literally just "Complete as fast as possible" each time. It makes the gameplay as soloQ surv very trash imo.

  • @Sydraen said:

    The idea of a battlepass is that you're paying for the content, but it's scaled directly to the amount of time you're willing to play the game, as you level up and gain rewards by paying £10, a single outfit price for around 4-5 outfits if you finish it. (More if you buy the levels outright ofcourse). The items are optional and do not affect gameplay, and you are still recieving rewards even if you dont purchase one so you dont feel left out; I feel like the rewards are pretty fair considering the prices of the cosmetics and the price of the battlepass.

    Sure the outfits are limited edition, but you're never forced to purchase it, cosmetics do not give any benefits to the gameplay! :)

    Even then the battlepass is pretty bare bones. They could at least have a couple levels give you shards to unlock.

  • @luka2211 said:

    I never liked the tomes personally. The moment they come out,it's literally just "Complete as fast as possible" each time. It makes the gameplay as soloQ surv very trash imo.

    This is pretty much the reason my play time on the game dropped to only a few hours a week, the challenges made the game pretty unbearable to play.

  • @TheBatJesus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1237666#Comment_1237666

    Even then the battlepass is pretty bare bones. They could at least have a couple levels give you shards to unlock.

    I agree tbh, instead of the charms shard would be much better.

  • @Sydraen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1237692#Comment_1237692

    I agree tbh, instead of the charms shard would be much better.

    They can always keep the charms. I don't much care for them. Some people do. But on a couple of the free levels they can gift 500 shards for a maxium of like 2000 shards per battlepass.

  • @will_i_am_14_85 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1237679#Comment_1237679

    This is pretty much the reason my play time on the game dropped to only a few hours a week, the challenges made the game pretty unbearable to play.

    I don't play alot when tomes drop,because of it. I play a bit,not a lot. Then after 2 weeks,i start playing normally again. Otherwise,it's literally farm simulator and similar lmfao. Being farmed of hook each game,over and over again.

  • I feel like the free content you’re asking for is called Iridescent Shards. You can buy a lot of different outfits with them and nothing has to change on the rift.

    The free pass is obviously there to mess with you into wanting to complete the rest of the outfits.

  • @Steel_Eyed said:

    I feel like the free content you’re asking for is called Iridescent Shards. You can buy a lot of different outfits with them and nothing has to change on the rift.

    The free pass is obviously there to mess with you into wanting to complete the rest of the outfits.

    Shards can also be used to buy some characters

  • Or teachables (even from licensed characters). And blood points if you already have the respective teachables.

    Shards are pretty awesome and as free as requested.