its sad and stupid that i felt like i needed to do this to a new player
So i brought my misses DBD, she hasnt really seen anything on it and shes never played a multiplayer game either so shes obviously gonna struggle no matter the game let alone when there is alot to take in either side she plays. but the fact i felt like i had to tell her to change her setting so people cant send hateful messages is saddening... like i never really thought about it when it happens to me but for her as a new player having no idea versing ranks she shouldnt be and the possibility of them taking the piss and being horrible just because shes new. like i dunno seems ######### thatd be an outcome... maybe try not being so harsh on people who arent as good or are new? just a thought.
Comments
whenever there's the survey I always know the answer to the question "would you suggest DbD to a friend of yours", hell nah. this game can breaks people's mind sometimes
The most toxic gaming community I've been apart of since League... Idk why dbd is a cesspool.
Most likely because games that involve violence are a good way to release anger. If you lose a match, often your body looks for an alternative, such as messaging opposing players.
Other players are 18 or 19, just after coming out of puberty and are complete douches due to this.
First I doubt everyone playing is close to being of age lol. I get messaged by a lot of sqeakz.
Its the asymmetrical aspect that breeds it. Its an us vs him mentality. As killer when someone upsets you its just you and you feel ganged up on
but as survivor you get mad someone killed you and then complain to your 3 other teammates who all support you and add to the rage.
We are all also collectively taught to hate the villain and see them as bad by movies and such... easily forgetting the killer in this game is a regular human just like us
Its because of the "us vs them" mentality that has spread rapidly throughout the community with survivors vs killers. Its honestly the dumbest thing but was never cut from the stem when it was starting and has grown too big.
You also have the mentality of "Devs favorite X side" that just pushes what i said above even more. You also have the arguably "questionable" decisions the Devs have made to the game (regardless of side you favor) that don't exactly inspire confidence.
Then you have the fact that with almost all online "competitive" games people rarely want to blame themselves for mistakes and thus they flame each other at every turn to try and justify their own egos.
So basically, people suck.
Since LoL? I dont know about that, for me the throne of toxicness goes to DbD without a doubt.
What does she play on?
I’m on PS4 and I allow messages because sometimes you don’t always get ######### messages and I’ve met some awesome people through dbd. If I get ######### messages, I just don’t reply at all, I block them then remove myself from the conversation.
you can’t take those messages personally. Some people just don’t have anything better to do and think it’s ok to bully other people because it’s easy to behind a screen. Dbd is unfortunately a toxic community.
This is why I disabled my steam profile comments from randoms,got tired of seeing butthurt survivors I faced get salty and start talking random sh!t out of anger,keep your useless crap to yourself.
I get more death threats in dbd compared with r6 and overwatch, and thoose are conssidered one of the most toxic communities
R6 is considered toxic ?
I mean overwatch has that younger crowd counting against it.
I've never had someone toxic in r6 actually message me before.
Nothing beats dbd in direct messages for insults and death threats i will say that