Freddy

Is freddy ever gonna get a debuff...hes literally unbeatable.

Comments

  • I hope you're joking.

  • LeeHer said:
    Is freddy ever gonna get a debuff... he's literally unbeatable.
    Okay, first of all, Freddy Krueger is the weakest killer in the game. His power let's him do two things, hit you and track you. So here are some assorted tips for beating Freddy Krueger.

    1.) Wake Up!
    Freddy cannot hurt you, at all, unless you are in the Dreamworld. If you are asleep search for an awake survivor, a generator, or try Self-Care ASAP. If no friends are present to wake you up then failing a skill check will also wake you up. Once you are asleep focus on losing Freddy and waking up!

    2.) Understand the power.
    Freddy's power makes tracking survivors easier by two methods:
       1.) Survivors OUTSIDE OF HIS TERROR RADIUS have their auras revealed.
       2.) Survivors that are asleep have a faint blue glow.

    When you are asleep and you can't hear the heartbeat Freddy can see you. My advice is to run to a nearby generator. Since you need to fix them to escape there's a chance an ally is nearby. If nobody is nearby you can just fail a generator skill check then. As a bonus the gen aura can conceal your aura if you are on the opposite side of the generator of Freddy.

    3.) Tracking Freddy
    Dispite being invisible Freddy still impacts the world in several ways. Freddy:
    - Disturbs crows
    - Moves grass
    - Has audible footsteps
    - Can be seen during the transition
    - Also has a loud lullaby

    Your character will give a clear signal when tagged with sleepiness. If tagged look around for Freddy, though if the lullaby is loud it's safe to say that he's behind you.

    Overall, just play around with different counters and find one that works for you. Due to the massive weaknesses of Freddy few killers main him so you should be good overall. Just roll with the punches.
  • In my experience Freddy is a win more killer. If he has a lead he can easily 4k probably better at 4king then most killers on account of being invisible and excellent at tracking. However he is reliant on m1ing survivors which is a gigantic weakness no instadowns built into this guys kit. His pallet games is also insanely weak no ways of stunning or slowing survivors so a solid survivor can loop'em with ease. Currently I'm on a mission to see how far I can push this guy the goal of reaching rank 1 with freddy. Slugging is probably the best option for him. Once you have killed 1 survivor begin to slug the rest of the survivors. Other then that you will have to consistently mindgame survivors as a single failure can cost you the game. He has great tunneling capabilities too if you want to remove a player but survivors are body blocking then tag only the one who was unhooked. this make it so other survivors cant body block. Is tunneling nice no but if the devs didn't want freddy to be a heavy tunneler killer they wouldn't have nerfed him in the first place.

  • @LeeHer said:
    Is freddy ever gonna get a debuff...hes literally unbeatable.

    Cant tell whether sarcasm or not.

  • I agree, Freddy shouldn't be able to pull survivors into the dream world without their written consent

  • bad bait
    bad troll
    try harder next time.

  • @Zarathos said:
    In my experience Freddy is a win more killer. If he has a lead he can easily 4k probably better at 4king then most killers on account of being invisible and excellent at tracking. However he is reliant on m1ing survivors which is a gigantic weakness no instadowns built into this guys kit. His pallet games is also insanely weak no ways of stunning or slowing survivors so a solid survivor can loop'em with ease. Currently I'm on a mission to see how far I can push this guy the goal of reaching rank 1 with freddy. Slugging is probably the best option for him. Once you have killed 1 survivor begin to slug the rest of the survivors. Other then that you will have to consistently mindgame survivors as a single failure can cost you the game. He has great tunneling capabilities too if you want to remove a player but survivors are body blocking then tag only the one who was unhooked. this make it so other survivors cant body block. Is tunneling nice no but if the devs didn't want freddy to be a heavy tunneler killer they wouldn't have nerfed him in the first place.

    I play Freddy and you have to use mind games. Every time I face a Freddy or watch someone play him on YT, they do the same thing other killers do. Check gens until they find someone. Sleep them, hit them, down them, hook them, use BBQ for next survivor. Rinse, repeat until end of the game. People chase with Freddy like a normal killer, and he can to a degree you are right about him not having any way to stop survivors.

    BUT he doesn't have to chase like a normal killer because he can see auras. You can let survivors run and cut them off or catch them in a bad spot if you just pay attention to what they are doing. And you can chase multiple survivors at once, if you get them scrambled good enough then they will get in each other's way. I found that Freddy is most effective at just harassment with sleep until someone makes a mistake THEN you chase. I use Class Photo + Z Block. I look like a baby Freddy when I sleep someone, but if I find 1 person I can find everyone. So I sleep the first one, make it look like I will chase then go sleep the next. Depending on where the other 2 are I will either go sleep another or hit the guy. If I think I can't catch him I will chase, but otherwise I will go to the others (who are almost always on a gen and I know what gen), sleep them, yadda yadda. Once I get 3-4 asleep I let them run around and when I see a chance for a hit I take it. If I see a chance for a hook I take it. If I see you healing or doing a gen to wake up, I come to you and hold sleep on you if you wake up, so you either have to start running, or get lucky you fail a skill check in time THEN start running. But now I sleep you and if anyone else woke up I will see them. If someone is asleep and near me, I see them. I run Dying Light/PWYF/Ruin, and I will do this until I can hook the obsession. Once I do that, if my Ruin isn't down or you don't have 2 gens done, the game is effectively over for you. Even if everyone is awake when my obsession dies, I just need to find one of you. And I'm invisible so I'll just stand around somewhere and wait for one of your to try and immerse your way past me.

    When you play him like a normal killer he sucks. When you give him strong perks and Class Photo, and just harass everyone with sleep until you get a hook, he is quite strong.

  • @Zarathos said:
    In my experience Freddy is a win more killer. If he has a lead he can easily 4k probably better at 4king then most killers on account of being invisible and excellent at tracking. However he is reliant on m1ing survivors which is a gigantic weakness no instadowns built into this guys kit. His pallet games is also insanely weak no ways of stunning or slowing survivors so a solid survivor can loop'em with ease. Currently I'm on a mission to see how far I can push this guy the goal of reaching rank 1 with freddy. Slugging is probably the best option for him. Once you have killed 1 survivor begin to slug the rest of the survivors. Other then that you will have to consistently mindgame survivors as a single failure can cost you the game. He has great tunneling capabilities too if you want to remove a player but survivors are body blocking then tag only the one who was unhooked. this make it so other survivors cant body block. Is tunneling nice no but if the devs didn't want freddy to be a heavy tunneler killer they wouldn't have nerfed him in the first place.

    I play Freddy and you have to use mind games. Every time I face a Freddy or watch someone play him on YT, they do the same thing other killers do. Check gens until they find someone. Sleep them, hit them, down them, hook them, use BBQ for next survivor. Rinse, repeat until end of the game. People chase with Freddy like a normal killer, and he can to a degree you are right about him not having any way to stop survivors.

    BUT he doesn't have to chase like a normal killer because he can see auras. You can let survivors run and cut them off or catch them in a bad spot if you just pay attention to what they are doing. And you can chase multiple survivors at once, if you get them scrambled good enough then they will get in each other's way. I found that Freddy is most effective at just harassment with sleep until someone makes a mistake THEN you chase. I use Class Photo + Z Block. I look like a baby Freddy when I sleep someone, but if I find 1 person I can find everyone. So I sleep the first one, make it look like I will chase then go sleep the next. Depending on where the other 2 are I will either go sleep another or hit the guy. If I think I can't catch him I will chase, but otherwise I will go to the others (who are almost always on a gen and I know what gen), sleep them, yadda yadda. Once I get 3-4 asleep I let them run around and when I see a chance for a hit I take it. If I see a chance for a hook I take it. If I see you healing or doing a gen to wake up, I come to you and hold sleep on you if you wake up, so you either have to start running, or get lucky you fail a skill check in time THEN start running. But now I sleep you and if anyone else woke up I will see them. If someone is asleep and near me, I see them. I run Dying Light/PWYF/Ruin, and I will do this until I can hook the obsession. Once I do that, if my Ruin isn't down or you don't have 2 gens done, the game is effectively over for you. Even if everyone is awake when my obsession dies, I just need to find one of you. And I'm invisible so I'll just stand around somewhere and wait for one of your to try and immerse your way past me.

    When you play him like a normal killer he sucks. When you give him strong perks and Class Photo, and just harass everyone with sleep until you get a hook, he is quite strong.

    I agree with letting survivors escaping and ambushing them later but dying light is a bad idea without a mori. At higher ranks swf players will conceal the dying light player and the DL player will hide. My advice is to go save the best for last. Since Freddy is reliant on m1ing the CD on his hits gets him a lot of extra hits. Sleep everyone around you when you can.  Your time needs to be spent hunting players. 
  • Can we please replace the OP knives on Freddy's glove with bananas? Id rather get slapped with a good dose of potassium than a blade.