KILLER & MAP IDEA
I have an idea for a new killer. I was thinking, what about mermaids? But like the evil kind, Sirens. The ones that lured sailors and dragged them to the bottom of the ocean. And maybe a cool new map decorated like you know, ocean or by the lake or in a treasure cave, and the lockers could be designed like for Davy Jones's locker. I was thinking that they have a power that they can draw the player towards them for a couple seconds, and during that time they would look like beautiful mermaids, then would turn into like a scary mode and take on an eerie siren form. So yeah that's an idea! If you think it sounds interesting please vote it up or do whatever needs to be done so the creators will see this! Thanks! :D
-Amber
Comments
"an draw the player towards them for a couple seconds"
Like the deathslinger ablility? Not sure that would be unique enough
I agree, there needs to be a nautical themed killer.
It would be hard for them to be aquatic tho, because how are they walking and breathing on land?
Maybe a ghost pirate?
I did think about that and the fact that its kind of like his ability in the aspect that you can draw them towards you, but i think it makes sense for that to be the sirens power right? If you have other ideas I would love to hear them cause maybe you could help find a better idea.
Maybe like the ghost of Davy Jones. I just wish it could be like a siren that would be pretty cool i think.
What if by drawing them closer it was that they sang there siren song and it drew the players a certain amount of feet away? Like in the vicinity, not to her. Like she would still have to find them.
Could you put the fisherman from "I know what you did last summer" into this idea as a licenced killer.
If you want to draw survivors in...maybe a harpoon?
Map could be a wooden pier/fishing hut type theme?
Or maybe instead of drawing them in she can see there position for a short while? But thats not that unique. And I would really like it to be a Siren or some kind of mystical creature.
If the map was...lots of wooden piers and boats etc. A siren could attack from below. Maybe faster underwater and slower on land (Wraith like with cloaked and uncloaked).
Maybe an ability to drag people down and grab their feet to slow them. (Fishing nets????? haven't thought how that one will work yet but putting the idea out there).
Maybe the siren song can just be her chase music? Like the huntress hum. Or siren call as an ability to slows or effects surv in range (similar to doctors ability but less....annoying).
I dunno, just throwing ideas out
I doubt it but, if you have watched Doctor Who with Matt Smith, the episode I believe is called, The Curse of The Black Spot. If you would really like to help out so this could be a new killer, maybe do some digging into that episode and take part of what they did and come up with ideas to tweek it? Because correct me if I am wrong but Isn't the Black Mark or The Mark Of Death thought to be a lore? Sailors told tales of shipmates getting cursed with a black mark or something like that overseas. Whoever had it was cursed to belong to the sea or something?
I know on the saw killer he places a trap on you and you have to take it off or overtime you will die. Maybe if the siren hits you once you get the spot and you have to do something or find help from another player to help banish the curse/mark. I just dont have any logical ideas for how it may be that you would do that.
That reminded me of the "Fisher King" episode (Not a bad looking killer that guy)
So, My idea in relation to this thread.
Map. Wooden piers (some floor panels are breakable. In shallow areas you can fall through. Lots of fishing huts and small boats connected to piers with the gens on them. Water is mostly shallow and can be run through, though, leaving the pier to run in the water is slower and make noise the water fast siren can hear.
Killer - Siren. Can swim in the water really fast and attack from below, e.g. break through the pier or snare you foot and slow you down (Fishing net?). Killer is slowish on land though (Think Wraith being cloaked and uncloaked and offering can change speeds).
I havent thought though how to balance all that yet. But, maybe some ideas to ponder.
Maybe instead of a siren song she could create auditory illusions when near survivors instead of a terror radius? Like they hear sounds that other survivors make when moving around or working on gens?
Or maybe her siren song is her terror radius and she can make it so every survivor hears it, similar to the doctors red stain illusions?
There's also the myth of the selkie. That might make a good hex perk. Her selkie skin gives her some sort of major buff until it's found. Maybe it's something that is hidden in one of the lockers in the game or something?
I also like the ghost of Davie Jones or the I know what you did last summer killer too.
"Or maybe her siren song is her terror radius and she can make it so every survivor hears it,"
I was thinking like the huntress's hum. But...yeah this sort of thing.
Or Siren song is like a the doctors abilities. But instead of screams it slows you down "Infatuation" or something?
Oh my gosh, no thats a great idea! Whatever ideas you have for it just post them. Im happy as long as its a mermaid/siren. If they end up noticing our idea please say i helped out just a tiny bit hehe. Just use my real name, Amber. Thats it. I dont know how much help I can be now, but at least i got some of your guys's attention, now all we can do is hope they see it. Let it be known the reason I am submitting this is because i watch a youtuber who plays this and i think he and his family would enjoy a siren as a new killer :) Thanks for noticing me guys
Another great idea! I never would have thought of that! Y'all are a bunch of smarties :)
I would love it if the two of you figured out the way you think she should work and everything because obviously you guys know more about the mechanics haha. I can try to help as much as possible. Please accept this challenge. I really want this killer in the game.
The only thing I havent figured out yet is if the "SIren" get put on a map...say "The Game" for example and there is no water. How the faster and slower aspects to her speed would work....that'll take some thinking