Sloppy butcher question
I noticed that the description differs slightly from what it used to be. It now states that it works with "basic attacks" whereas before it didn't.
What is considered a basic attack? Is it the swipe that you don't charge up for?
Comments
A basic attack is the standard attack or lunge you do by pressing the attack button or m1 on pc. Legion's Feral Frenzy and attacks that damage with the m2 button on pc or power button do not count as basic attacks.
A basic attack is an attack that doesn't insta down people. Doesn't matter whether it's a fast or lunge swing.
For example: Billy has the chainsaw that you can down people with. Sloppy butcher won't be applied if you down a healthy survivor with it. If you smack them once with his regular melee, it will apply it.
Hope that helps!
Some things to keep in mind. Just because its not an insta-down it doesnt mean its a basic attack.
I would stick to Waffleyumboy's definition.
Odd ones:
Thanks all! I was laying off the charge attack because I thought it didn't apply.
Being a new player I wish DBD gave you a more extensive trial without having to be thrown straight into an online game. It's like learning how to swim by being thrown into the deep end of the pool.
Pretty sure myers and GF after fully stalking still apply it. It's still M1 attack but it instadowns.
Anything where you press m1/RT/R2(?) is a basic attack.
Nurse, Spirit, Wraith, Hag, and Deathslinger always perform basic attacks because it's done after using their power.
Pig's Ambush, Demo's Shred, Oni's Demon Strike, and Legion's Frenzy attacks are NOT basic attacks because they are done as part of their power.