Playing Killer is Easy
Wait wait wait, hear me out for a second here.
Before you scream entitled Survivor main, or call me every word in the urban dictionary, please hear me out.
I have reason to believe playing Killer is easy for the time being, and yes I know how absurd that sounds. But please, like I said, hear me out. (If you don't want to read the text-wall, I added a tl;dr)
I've been gone for a couple week's hiatus from DBD and I finally came back to play with Deathslinger a while ago. A while back I thought that playing Killer would have me sweating every game, since that was my experience prior to today. Which is why I took that break because I couldn't take playing DBD anymore.
But when I came back, obviously I was lower ranked but the survivors I faced just felt... Easier. Playing Killer felt more like a breeze, even in Green and Purple ranks where I feel the survivors there are more brutal than the survivors in Red Ranks. I even got a chance to try out and succeeding with killers I don't normally play as including Legion and Oni.
That is not to say playing Killer itself is easier, it's just that I think the skill level of Survivors are getting worse overtime. I noticed this too whenever I play solo Survivor. My teammates tend to either leave me to die on a hook because they need to self-care, or they do risky saves without Borrowed Time. It's getting rather frustrating to see someone tap a gen knowing full well the killer has Pop Goes the Weasel and is about to hook another person. It's like my teammates cannot preserve pallets and make easy deadzones for killer to down you with.
These survivors are becoming more and more common, even people who use OoO in SWF teams feel like they're getting easier to deal with. And no I'm not talking out of my butt, I've faced multiple survivors with OoO who suspiciously look like they are in-comms (going for saves the moment I chase someone indoor, or working on generators far away from the obvious spots they would normally look out for, heck even coordinate on where my Hex totems are.)
There are times of course when I feel like my teammates are competent, last game I had as Survivor someone with Unbreakable helped turned a 4k NOED win for the killer to a NoK all escape win for the Survivor. That's brilliant. And that is the kind of plays I would expect in the rank I am usually in (Rank 6). But those times are very few and far between.
Take this game as me as Ghostface for example. I got looped for 4 minutes because the window and pallet spawns were not in my favour and the Feng Min who ran me around knew how to use it effectively. I had the sunk cost fallacy and just said "Screw it, if I am getting a kill it's from this Feng Min."
But this is the end result instead:
4k. I hardly believed it myself. And this wasn't because I was a godly Ghostface, I actually got looped for 4 minutes yet I still got a 4k. Because her teammates didn't do any generators. They followed her around trying to rescue her to get unhooked. They fought with each other in the endgame chat but I didn't censor their names and I'd rather not be banned on the Forums.
With that said, I can see why Killer is still stressful for a lot of people. It does demand you to split your attention between 4 Survivors and be able to keep track of all of them. Not to mention with the added pressure of generators popping left and right which doesn't help with your mentall psyche when playing as Killer.
But. Right now I think Killer is easy purely because the Survivors themselves, or at least Survivors in the Western Australia region are not as good as their rank should be. I mean I literally just got off a game as Legion where I double pipped against a 2-man SWF with OoO (I know it's 2-man because those two simultaneously gave up and let me down them.)
And I suck at Legion. I missed a lot of my Feral Frenzy swings that game.
TL;DR
I think Survivors are not able to keep up with Killers in rank. Both from my experiences as a Solo Survivor and a Killer. I know rank doesn't mean anything, but the fact this is becoming so common is making me concerned about the kind of players Survivors that are becoming common in high ranks. I'm not asking Survivors to git gud or get better immediately, that would be unreasonable. But I do hope this isn't becoming more common, because the challenge of playing Killer is to juggle 4 Survivors at once. It's a 4v1. Not a 1v1v1v1v1, which is what it feels like.
I'm not making this thread to incite hate or antagonize anyone. But I am mainly concerned the kind of survivors I play with and fight against are making the other side easier than it should be. The challenge is gone when the survivors do suicide hook dives and continually run into you.
I hope you'll understand where I am coming from, I don't think playing Killer itself is easy. As it is hard to pick up on the go, especially when you do meet up with survivors who know what they are doing. But right now, at least in the WA Region, I feel like Killer is not as hard as it should be.


Comments
I'v already said this like 20 times. There's definitely instances where it makes sense to use some those tactics. Do you not know how to read?
Sounds like you're scared of a challenge. Talk is cheap. I'll tell you what, I'll post footage and match results of me playing by those rules and you do the same
Just because it's possible doesn't make it sportsmanlike. I know it. You know it. Everyone knows it. Same is true for almost every game and sport under the sun.
Sounds like you're scared of a challenge. Talk is cheap. I'll tell you what, I'll post some match results or video using those tactics and you do the same. IF you're playing against your own rank/skill level it shouldn't be a problem.
Agreed that you don't need to accommodate anyone else for their shortcomings but you should probably definitely make accommodations for sportsmanlike conduct. There's a difference.
Except those aren’t unsportsmanlike, why would I purposely play like that? Someone saying I’m scared of challenge won’t convince me to do things that purposely put me at extreme disadvantage.
Except none of what you said is unsportsmanlike.
Here, I got so motivated I captured some footage and even added in some video effects.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihN-UrAsCBI&t=4s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENrscXS9tZA1. No camping hooks
2. First 2 minutes no one gets downed
3. No tunneling
4. No slugging
5. No basement hooks
So what your telling me is that killer isn't easy. it's that all the survivors you face that aren't red rank don't know what generators are.
when real ranking comes out top ranks will be god looping survivors and solo focus gen rushing meaning every match should only last 3 mins because why wouldn't it if every survivor on the top ranks know what they are doing and that would mean nurse would be the only top killer b/c she the only one that can skip the loops entirely. (yes i know there are a few killers that can make it 2 but the rest that could have major flaws)
Yeah when you get plebs and camp swf groups and tunnel off the hook everything is easy