What's the reason Trapper doesn't start with all of his traps and can carry them all?
I understand back in the day when he was created the game was very different but now he's a relic of the past that could use the update just for QOL alone, but also the power boost.
So I ask why don't we just give him these things now? I see him being much stronger but he'd still only be near A tier with that. Still very counter-able, just much less clunky.
Comments
That's fair I guess. I argue Freddy and Hag can "spam" them right away and if they're good can get hits/downs off of them much like Trappers, so he might as well have them too since his can most easily be disabled without consequence.
Because his traps are really strong and the setup time is designed to balance that.
They’re not really comparable to Hag or Freddy’s traps, since you can disarm their traps nearly instantly by running over them and they don’t stop the survivor from actually being able to do anything. If you step on a Freddy trap you can at least try to run or 360 or Dead Hard or something. If you step in a Trapper trap you’re incapacitated and become either injured or downed.
I do think they should give Trapper the ability to hold more than one trap by default, but I think giving him all of his traps would be a bit too strong. I say this as someone who plays Trapper a lot btw. People underestimate how strong his traps are.
I understand they're the strongest traps in the game, but they can easily be avoided, DH through, or disabled like every other trap. He also has the longest set-up time and the least mobility so he can be tracked and watched the easiest too.
I think its a mix of two reasons. Trappers traps are inherently more dangerous than hags and freddies. Freddies just slows people, and hags dont actually do anything unless the hag then chooses to act on it, whilst the trappers traps always (minus padded jaws) injures people at least, and then holds them in place.
Trapper also is more simpler than the others, Hag is 110% and relies on her traps to even do anything, whilst ol trapper is 115%. And freddy is just busted, but his traps merely slow to potentially get kills
Sure i think trapper should start with more than 1 trap, but starting with 5-7 and being able to carry them all would be utterly busted. You could down 1 guy, hook them, and then instantly trap every single angle, whilst in normal play you either need a bag or have your traps already there
Let's see, by the time I place my first trap, which I do within 8 meters of spawn, and find my second trap, a gen is often done. 30 to 45 seconds is all it takes if the survivors start near the same gen. Spending a minute trying to find 3 traps and place 2 is nearly game over.
The high focus on gens com ined with larger maps is automatically a loss for many Trapper matches.
I main Trapper and typically pick an area to defend and won't get pulled out. 4 gens get trapped up and I try to hold there. Considering SWF communications there is little chance of success as they tell each other where each trap is.
Trapper needs the ability to carry extra traps and recover traps from lockers. Limit how many are set on the field, sure, but let him get the new ones from lockers.
Disarming isn’t really a huge problem since they added the ability to reset traps - if your placement is good you can just reset and then catch people during chases, when they can’t disarm. You catch people by chasing them into your traps and you effectively become an instadown killer.
If Trapper could hold all of his traps at once you could make certain buildings or structures impregnable. Think about the school in Badham. Get someone in the basement, throw down four or five traps and if they disarm them just reset. Nobody gets in or out.
Trapper's traps are more restricted because unlike Hag or Freddie's traps, his can actually inflict damage on their own. Also they immobilize survivors so if Trapper is near by, they turn into insta downs.
I will say I think he's a bit too restricted. He should be able to at least carry 2 traps at base. Seriously... Trapper without a bag is really bad.
This. Trapper is definitely underestimated, and if you get rid of his setup there's not much that can be done to counter him.