5 minute matchmaking ban because of soft crash

Another generic post about how matchmaking bans are a good idea but poorly executed.

1) there has to be some sort of leniency with bans. Obviously, first one is free but the player gets a warning.

2) The player should never be punished because the game crashed/ the servers broke. Also very obvious.

Cause of crash: I was playing Freddy and someone DC'd at the start of the match, so (later in the game) I alt tab to give the survivors more time (4 gens left after 8 minutes, they were new). the game freezes for a few seconds, cuts to the loading screen, and put me in the lobby with a "lost connection to servers" message.

Edit: As I'm trying to post this, there's a "cloudflare error" which stops the post form going through. Despite not posting anything, the site's "anti spam" "feature" instantly marks my account with a "spam" blocker so I'm banned from doing anything on here for 5 minutes. 10 minutes total of my time wasted due to incompetence.

Comments

  • I've had several bugs happen over the last few weeks mostly including infinite loading screen. I had to alt+F4 the game and I never received a disconnect penalty from it. Apparently the game can tell when there is a bug / error and the penalty does not and has not applied to me yet.

  • @Steel_Eyed said:

    I've had several bugs happen over the last few weeks mostly including infinite loading screen. I had to alt+F4 the game and I never received a disconnect penalty from it. Apparently the game can tell when there is a bug / error and the penalty does not and has not applied to me yet.

    Other people have gotten bans for similar crashes though, I don't know what the determining factor is.