Anyways to make this game a real horror game?

DBD WAS a horror game, I didn't found this game is scary after playing for a while ( Only when ghostface grab you when doing gens). I mean survivor is suppose to be afraid of the killer, but what is real is every1 T-bagging the killer and the killer DC. The game is balanced but this game isn't scary, so Devs should approve this game?

Comments

  • Not as it is now. Seeing as the primary focus is running around junk, you'd have to rebuild the game from the bottom up.

    Now, they could bring back some of the more horror-esque bits. Watching old vids, I actually feel the old graphics gave more of a horror vibe than the new, brighter graphics.

  • If you want to make DBD a horror game, try this build:

    - Iron Will

    - No Mither

    - Spine Chill

    - Object of Obsession

    Except here's the catch:

    You have to escape without going down. Ever.

    You'll have to force yourself to use stealth because you cannot risk to go to a chase.

    You have to rely on teammates to help do generators with you and keep the killer busy. But you have to make sure they can escape with you. No selfishness in play here.

    And being the Object of Obsession, you will need to move your camera around carefully as to not possibly alert the killer to your presense.

  • Make killer look more creepy?

  • @DelsKibara said:

    If you want to make DBD a horror game, try this build:

    - Iron Will

    - No Mither

    - Spine Chill

    - Object of Obsession

    Except here's the catch:

    You have to escape without going down. Ever.

    You'll have to force yourself to use stealth because you cannot risk to go to a chase.

    You have to rely on teammates to help do generators with you and keep the killer busy. But you have to make sure they can escape with you. No selfishness in play here.

    And being the Object of Obsession, you will need to move your camera around carefully as to not possibly alert the killer to your presense.

    XD

  • I don't see how some people don't understand that there is no way to keep any horror game scary. For example, the first time I played the RE2 remake, Mr X was terrifying, he was something new to me and I had no idea how I could escape him. Now when I play RE2, he isn't scary at all, you can't keep something scary if the person who you're trying to scare can just get used to the thing that is trying to scare them.

  • @indieeden7 said:

    I don't see how some people don't understand that there is no way to keep any horror game scary. For example, the first time I played the RE2 remake, Mr X was terrifying, he was something new to me and I had no idea how I could escape him. Now when I play RE2, he isn't scary at all, you can't keep something scary if the person who you're trying to scare can just get used to the thing that is trying to scare them.

    Same reason people now find Freddy and Jason more.campy than scary.

    They've seen their faces for so long it becomes normal for them.

    In truth we are only afraid of things we don't know, that is why something like The Entity intrigues us in the lore because her presense is not as easily explained.

    We know bits about her, but not the full story. While the killers on the other hand... Well we always get an infodump everytime a new one shows up.