DS
DS is one of the most common perks i think it is fine because people use it to not get tunneld but sometimes people with DS run to me for exampel if their dead on hook they just run in a locker and then i am forced to leave them or take the DS i think thats really unfun and unfair i know its a simpel answer to say just leave them but its really unfun to have lower pressuar does anyone think DS should not work if the person is in a locker i know i can wait it out but that takes like 60s or more does anyone agree (sorry if its hard to read my typing is not the best)
Comments
DS not working when getting pulled out of a locker is honestly the only nerf I wouldn't mind to DS. Any other nerf I have seen suggested I think is not necessary, because I don't think a perk needs to be only good against tunneling and not good for anything else. But survivors just jumping in lockers doesn't really have any counterplay for killer.
Though even as a killer I still don't mind it a lot to be honest. But I would definitely not be against making it not work in that scenario.
great to hear someone is with me:D
if you read i said they go to me when their dead on hook they want me to follow them.
I think the issue with Survivors using DS like an invincibility powerup is that it puts Killers in a really sucky situation.
Had a Hillbilly game ages back where I brought this up in postchat (everyone except the offending DS user were really lovely, fantastic players), a person made a DS play next to a hooked Survivor on a hill (with the two other Survivors nearby). I pointed out in postchat that if I was going to play "optimally" it would be to sit there for a minute waiting for DS to run out, essentially forcing me into camping which was a REALLY bad situation for everyone. I decided in the moment to simply leave to go chase another Survivor to keep the game going instead of stalling it, but I think situations like that show how slugging DS users, which it DOES work practically speaking, isn't a solution that's good for the game.
The locker thing is IMO a rework that should be universal (I would like it if Survivors found in lockers could be "thrown" out of the locker into the Downed state so shenanigans like DS couldn't work), but it is definitely a janky aspect of Decisive Strike.
I personally think larger changes to the perk beyond that are necessary though, as it's EXTREMELY popular and IMO is still a problematic Perk. My personal suggested change would be an infinite duration (with a minimum duration wherein it can't be negated) and the Perk is disabled when another Survivor is hooked. Survivors can make even bigger DS plays than before by getting Killers into massive minute+ chases only to get punished afterwards with a DS, Killers maneuver around it via methods more interesting than slugging and waiting a full minute AND will only be hit with DS if they are actually hooking the same Survivor twice. I think it'd still be a solid perk that has a decent chance of you getting use out of but is less universally useful.
that would be a good rework.