help! Developer! Something is wrong with my DbD!!

Good evening. I always enjoy the game


I have a PS4 game in Japan.


I have a question. Has the skill rating system described in the patch notes already started?


I've been playing murderers these days, but I'm only matching players with ranks 4 to 1 for the right match. Isn't it strange? By the way, the rank of my killer is 14.


It may be unavoidable to look for a player with a similar rank and hit the player with a higher rank when it cannot be found. But isn't it funny to match a high rank person in a few seconds? It sounds like you're not looking for a player with a similar rank from the beginning. In fact, I've never played against players of the same rank in the last few dozen plays.


Is this a bug? Or is it the intended specification? Developer. teach me.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @bye_by_billy

    You mean the new match-making system? No, that hasn't been implemented yet. We haven't heard much about that since the initial update that was announced in January (unless it was recently said).

    But no, it's unfortunately not implemented into the game yet, so facing lower or higher ranked Survivors/Killers will still happen from time to time. The best thing you can do is play around peak hours for where you live, it'll give you a better chance of being matched with the same ranked Survivors/Killers... Or at least that's how the theory goes.

    Also, this isn't a Dev Q&A. The Devs do come by from time to time, but they're not obligated to answer questions if they don't want to. That doesn't mean that they ignore questions, it just means that it's not mandatory for them to do so... It's within their own time-frame if they do answer your question.

  • Thank you for answering the question. fire hazard
    
    The matchmaking function hasn't been implemented yet ... I wonder if this matching is a bug ... I'll try the solution that fire hazard said.
    
    Also, thank you for letting me know about the specifications of this forum. I'll be careful from now on.
    


  • @bye_by_billy said:

    Thank you for answering the question. fire hazard
    
    The matchmaking function hasn't been implemented yet ... I wonder if this matching is a bug ... I'll try the solution that fire hazard said.
    
    Also, thank you for letting me know about the specifications of this forum. I'll be careful from now on.
    

    Well it's a bug, if you want to be technical. This isn't supposed to be happening, so you could indeed say that it's a bug.

    Besides that though, this is something that a lot of people are having issues with right now, especially newer players like yourself. Unfortunately there isn't much you can do about it, but what I told you might help. Also, it's not a bad thing that you asked the devs directly, I was just stating that this sub-forum is not a dev Q&A, it even says that at the top in a bright red box... Or at least it's supposed to (since I don't see it right now).

    Anyways, i'm glad I could clear things up for you. Hopefully this issue is solved soon so new players don't keep facing it.

  • @bye_by_billy said:

    Thank you for answering the question. fire hazard
    
    The matchmaking function hasn't been implemented yet ... I wonder if this matching is a bug ... I'll try the solution that fire hazard said.
    
    Also, thank you for letting me know about the specifications of this forum. I'll be careful from now on.
    

    FYI, he wasn't telling you that this was the wrong place to post. He mentioned it to let you know to not expect a response from the devs. They occasionally pop in here, but it is rare. This forum is a place to get quick answers from other players.

    Unfortunately, the answer is that the matchmaking system is not working properly. The devs are aware of it, and are supposedly looking at the data, but there is no time-frame for when it might get fixed. :(

    I posted a similar question here a few months ago. Nothing has changed since then, other than they said they are starting to look at the data, whatever that means. It's strange because on PC it seems to place newer killers with low rank survivors, but I've seen post from console players where rank 1 killers are facing new survivors.

  • Thank you both. The question to the developers was that you can't expect much here! I don't expect much improvement in matching right now ... But I'll try my best as a killer. Thank you so much for answering the question.

  • @bye_by_billy said:

    Thank you both. The question to the developers was that you can't expect much here! I don't expect much improvement in matching right now ... But I'll try my best as a killer. Thank you so much for answering the question.

    No problem, glad we could help.