Glad we get punished for getting disconnected unwillingly

I get it, DCing is cold, no one wants to lose and no one wants to lose because someone decided to disconnect. Seems fair and reasonable that someone be punished for choosing to be disconnected...so what's the BFD?

See tonight as it stands, I ran into match after match after match. Wave after wave of the scummiest killers, mostly comprised of Leatherfaces as it were, annoying facecamping bags of wet mice. Finally, yet another leatherface but here's the thing...we're winning. Finally one good game before bed, one last hurdle and I can sleep. Maybe it's my fault for staying up who knows, could've gone to bed way back.

I'm winning, the leatherface isn't scum. He isn't facecamping, no tunneling, he can chase. This guy is good, gens are getting done...

and it hits me. I think, great he DC'd for losing I guess I'll hop into a new match, hopefully I'll get someone okay, I can win and go tf to bed. No...it was me, I was disconnected from the host, I'm upset, of course it was me, guess I'll just wait for my buddy to wrap it up and we can jump into another.

Except no, I have a four minute wait time punishment inflicted on me. I didn't want this, I wanted to beat the game, one game. I was mad that I got dc'd during a winning match, especially after a string of late night leatherfaces. The punishment for an unwilling DC, infuriated me, so much so that I told my friend goodnight, I threw in the towel. One game that was it, that was all I wanted...and in the end what did I get for my efforts? Punishment, not figurative, not for my suffering, for GETTING disconnected AGAINST MY OWN WILL. The final straw.

And now I'm here, pissed as all hell, sleep deprived from wanting just ONE game to go my way, and when it finally does, I am quite LITERALLY punished for it.

Thank you

and goodnight.

Comments

  • i get that this is more of a venting post but since you are also talking about the dc timer I want to add my 2cents. I think it was a necessary addition. I mean sure getting dced and getting a timeout because you did nothing wrong feels bad but rampant dcs were SO common. Looped the killer for too long? dc, fighting a killer you don't like? dc, want to take away the killers points cause he downed you too fast? dc. Is their system for dcs working well? not really as this post proves but at the same time something had to be done.