Speculation: Is the “silent slugs” bug connected to No Mither?

So, there’s been a bug stuck in the game for a few months now where Survivors in the dying state will make no noise. It’s been in the game for a while now, since the Oni patch or before, and is very common, happening to me personally about 1/3 to 1/2 of the time I slug a Survivor. I’ve been wondering what would cause this, and a thought struck me: There is one Perk in the game that does reduce your noise reduction while in the dying state: No Mither.

Now, I’m not sure how No Mither’s code could bleed into Survivors who aren’t running the Perk, but hey, the bug’s gotta come from somewhere. Maybe the two are related somehow.

Comments

  • Wouldn't that apply more to iron will since it reduces your sound by 100% than no mither which is 50%

  • @terumisan said:

    Wouldn't that apply more to iron will since it reduces your sound by 100% than no mither which is 50%

    Iron Will doesn’t affect noise made while in the dying state. No Mither does.