Hatch Not Spawning?

This is tough to call a bug unless you search every square inch of a map, but it’s starting to seem like once in a while the hatch doesn’t spawn or open when it should.

At one point today, I took a ride on a killer’s shoulder for an exhaustive 10 minute search through the swamp looking for the hatch that he wanted to give me. We went everywhere and never heard it. At a different point I went looking for the final survivor to devour the hope of 😈. Went all over AutoHaven. Never heard the hatch, but finally got my kill.


So anyway, before I make a bug report of the hatch sometimes not spawning, I just wanna know if anyone else thinks they’re experiencing this as well.

Comments

  • Did one of the other survivors get mori'd or disconnect? I've seen the hatch spawn beneath a survivor's body before, becoming inaccessible/invisible except for the sound.

  • Swamp is a broken Hatch map. I don't know if it can simply NOT spawn, but the stupid thing CAN spawn almost anywhere. That, in conjunction with the sound bug drastically (and unrealistically) muting sounds if there is an object between you and the source of the sound, makes hatch on swamps even more unfair than normal. Autohaven has a similar issue if the hatch spawns at a 4-wall maze tile.

    Would love a rework of the hatch so it's less of a coin toss as to who finds it.

  • It is possible for the hatch to fail to spawn, but it usually still makes noise when it does. The more likely scenario is that your search tactics were inefficient and/or unlucky.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    Swamp is a broken Hatch map. I don't know if it can simply NOT spawn, but the stupid thing CAN spawn almost anywhere. That, in conjunction with the sound bug drastically (and unrealistically) muting sounds if there is an object between you and the source of the sound, makes hatch on swamps even more unfair than normal. Autohaven has a similar issue if the hatch spawns at a 4-wall maze tile.

    Would love a rework of the hatch so it's less of a coin toss as to who finds it.

    "spawn almost anywhere" aka only in the corner of the map. Don't get how anyone thought that was a good idea, I could probably count on two hands the amount of times I found hatch on that map NOT in the most hidden spot ever