DEVS Disconnect penalties are ruining the experience

I understand that Dcing is annoying for all players, but some people don't have the most stable connections and will never be able to get one. Just like myself, my modem would restart randomly at times, it is something I cannot control.

At least start by removing the leave match button, and if someone pulls the plug, couldnt you tell the state of that survivor before DCing. Like why would anyone DC if they were not downed or chased by the killer, you guys implemented dedicated servers i'm sure you can get lots of info.

But banning ppl because of something they have no control over is pretty harsh, I love this game, I got 7000hrs on it but this is really ruining it for me.

And yes Dcing willingly should be banned, but please think of a better system. Thanks.

Comments

  • There will never be a system that punishes ONLY people who dc'ed on purpose... because that's something you cannot detect.

  • people dc for plenty of reasons other than being downed or hooked. bad map? dc, killer you don't like to fight/survivors are better than you? dc. There is just no way to know if someone dcs on purpose or not.