Face Camping

Annoying Problem = Simple Solution

In your 15th match with a face camping killer? Want to make a complaint but afraid you'll get ######### on by killer mains and devs? Here's a couple things my fellow survivors and I came up with that the game devs could REALLY USE!

  1. If a killer is too close to a hooked survivor (how ever many feet) for a certain amount of time then either
    1. Killer gets glued to ground by entity until survivor is unhooked or
    2. All hooks are disabled for 30 seconds after survivor is unhooked

Feel free to comment more ideas or upvote this please. Killers always complain that survivors are too OP but if you know how to play your main or use exploits like face camping survivors aren't that OP are they?

Comments

  • The devs have said that camping is a legitimate strategy.

    It also doesn't happen at high ranks.

  • @Cheers said:

    The devs have said that camping is a legitimate strategy.

    It also doesn't happen at high ranks.

    Lie again. With the broken ass match making we've been in matches with high ranks and they face camped the ######### out of us. Plus people on streaming platforms(ya know, high ranks) get face camped like hell.

  • @M3RC_handise said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1219099#Comment_1219099

    Lie again. With the broken ass match making we've been in matches with high ranks and they face camped the ######### out of us. Plus people on streaming platforms(ya know, high ranks) get face camped like hell.

    I will admit, with the matchmaking being in a bad state, often you'll be matched up with lower ranked killers, however, if you're matched up in an ideal game with everyone being your rank, you won't see face camping.

    More often than not I don't see camping against red rank killers unless its end game.

  • @Cheers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1219105#Comment_1219105

    I will admit, with the matchmaking being in a bad state, often you'll be matched up with lower ranked killers, however, if you're matched up in an ideal game with everyone being your rank, you won't see face camping.

    More often than not I don't see camping against red rank killers unless its end game.

    I’ve seen face camping in a lot of red rank games. Maybe it’s because of the new rank reset and people are in red ranks when they really shouldn’t be. Not all killers face camp but it seems to be happening a lot more than usual.

  • Camping isn't really a problem. It only guarantees a kill or so, not 4 kills. The individual survivor experience matters little to the devs.

  • @witchsy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1219099#Comment_1219099

    Doesn't happen at high ranks?

    Just last night I had a clown chase me for 3 minutes, facecamp me when he got me on hook, I was unhooked during second phase after two teammates were able to distract him, he tunnels me straight off hook, I use DS, and he continues to tunnel me and then kill me. He continues to then facecamp Bill next. I was rank 4 (from rank 1) after the rank reset but hit rank 5 after that match as I wasn't able to do anything but be tunneled and camped.

    Often after rank reset killers do that. Also were you winning by a big margin?

  • @witchsy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1219145#Comment_1219145

    One gen was done. It was literally the beginning of the match. I'm the unlucky soul that was the first found and became a victim of a "legitimate strategy."

    This isn't a rank reset specific thing either. Even at rank 1 I was running into these same experiences. At this point rank should be removed because you'll end up de-ranking just because a killer decides to camp you. Rank means nothing anymore because of this.

    Guess your getting really unlucky with your games then? I rarely experience this at rank 1.

  • @Cheers said:

    The devs have said that camping is a legitimate strategy.

    It also doesn't happen at high ranks.

    Im rank 3. Its happened to me 3 times today...so it definitely does happen at high ranks

  • @Cheers said:

    The devs have said that camping is a legitimate strategy.

    It also doesn't happen at high ranks.

    Legitimate strategy my ass. If thats a strategy than running infinites as a survivor is a strategy

  • @Kellie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1219099#Comment_1219099

    Legitimate strategy my ass. If thats a strategy than running infinites as a survivor is a strategy

    Who said it wasn't? Any single tactic in a game that isn't bannable is a strategy. Even if you want to suicide on hook, that's a strategy.