Moris combined with Devourer of hope
Something that I've noticed recently whilst playing, apart from the massive que times for survivor, is the killer's increased use of ebony moris (which I feel are powerful enough on their own) combined with devourer of hope. To give you some context I mainly play survivor with my mates, all of varying ranks and experience. I also play killer as well when I'm playing the game solo since survivor solo que's are typically un-fun.
Here's the main issue that I'm finding makes the game completely boring and unfair as a survivor and that is when a killer equips an ebony mori in combination with devourer of hope. I get that with updated ruin gen rushing has made the game un-fun on the killer's side and so killer's are doing what they feel is necessary to get kills (personally I feel corrupt intervention is a great replacement for ruin).
The problem I have with a mori being combined with devourer of hope is that there is almost zero counter-play to it. Granted you can search for and cleanse the lit totem to get rid of devourer of hope but usually by the time you've cleansed it or even realise it's in play that's enough time to have everyone be hooked and subsequently morid.
Bottom line killer's should not be able to combine a perk like devourer of hope with an ebony mori, it should be one or the other because going against a mori is difficult enough but adding devourer makes it near impossible.
Comments
Its frustrating, and not every killer brings moris and play for a win over fun, but some do.
What I do is just take it on the cheek and then move on.
I don't mind playing against moris, my main issue is when they're used in combination with devourer of hope.
I would suggest either bringing in something like Detective's Hunch, Small Game, or a map with the appropriate add-ons to avoid Hex: Devour Hope as much as possible. My condolences for the dismal experiences.