Training/Exploration Mode
Would it be possible to have a mode whereby you can explore the maps at your leisure without having to get into a game. I appreciate you can do this in a custom game, but the problem there being you need at least one other person for the game to start... and if you don't have any friends, then you're kind of stuck.
There's a number of reasons why you'd want to do this:
a) be able to explore the maps and learn the general layout, particularly useful for newbies who have no clue where common structures and landmarks are, it took me months to work out the maps
b) be able to configure your screen settings properly; I prefer a really rich high-contrast colour depth, but it has the problem of making the dark maps (game, and sanctum of wrath) so dark you can barely see things, which means as a killer you can't see a blendette in front of you. So it requires going into those maps just to make sure your display settings haven't borked. At the moment I can only do this by going into the tutorial.
c) lastly, it's a great way to practice a killer ability without any pressure, e.g. Billy's chainsaw, Nurse's blinks, etc. Survivor's are just too toxic these days and it's really depressing when they absolutely hammer you and ridicule you for being a newb (I'm a rank 1 killer now, but only with certain killers... with others you could knock me down to brown ranks, I'm sure) which makes it less fun to explore and try different options.
Comments