Survivor perks that would have a large impact on the game with a simple buff

Hello! Today I am suggesting some small buffs to perks that would make them much more viable. I'm only going to list the perks that I think would get much more usage out of a buff without being too overpowered. For example, I'm not going to say a buff to Wake Up is a priority only because I doubt it would be used much more often even with a numbers buff.

The first perk is Pharmacy. This perk used to be a good alternative to Self Care, but the med-kit rework made it much worse. Instead of getting 2 fast heals every game with this perk, you now only get 1 faster heal. Even if you make an entire build around it using item efficiency perks such as Streetwise, Botany Knowledge, and Self Care, it is impossible to get 2 full uses out of it. That's why I think Pharmacy should have the additional effect of increasing Emergency Med-kit item efficiency by 100%. This would allow each green med-kit to be used twice without allowing someone to take in a beefy Ranger's Med-kit and use that 4 times.

The second perk is Streetwise. The current 25% efficiency bonus is very negligible. I think that increasing it to 50% will actually make it viable. It may be able to enhance a very powerful item, but it does take up a perk slot. Plus, this will make Plunderer's builds more interesting since you'll be able to use each item you get 50% more often, and if you combine this with the Pharmacy buff, you may be able to use a green med-kit 3 times at the cost of 2 perk slots.

The third perk is Ace in the Hole. The perk is fine how it is, but I think that the second item should be guaranteed. It is only a common/uncommon item anyway, and it would make this perk more consistent and nice to use.

The fourth perk is Autodidact. This perk is awful as it not only takes a long time to ramp up, but it is detrimental in the early game. Removing the initial progress penalty and lowering each token's bonus to +10% would make this much more useful and less aggravating to use. This way, you still get some value out of the perk if you only get to heal 1 or 2 people in a game.

The final perk I want to talk about is Fixated. The uninjured requirement to gain the speed boost makes the perk very situational and destroys the synergy it should have with Iron Will, Lucky Break, and No Mither. Injuries already cause a large stealth penalty that can only be negated by perks or healing, so it doesn't make sense for injuries to make you even less stealthy by disabling this perk.


And those are the five survivor perks that I think would have the largest impact on the game if they were buffed. I would love to see some, if not all of these perks get some love.

Comments

    1. "Instead of getting 2 fast heals every game with this perk, you now only get 1 faster heal." You sure about that? I thought that i always was 1 heal. Just before it got some charges left. But also, unique buff idea! I like it.
    2. I feel like 50% is a tad too much... Although toolboxes did get a nerf. Maybe like 35-40%
    3. Yeah the only issue is, what happens to the tiering.
    4. Could work... still doesn't fix the skill check issue tho.
    5. Yeah! Agreed. If they think 20% faster walking speed is too much, they could always say "This works half as effective when injured"
  • @Milo said:

    1. "Instead of getting 2 fast heals every game with this perk, you now only get 1 faster heal." You sure about that? I thought that i always was 1 heal. Just before it got some charges left. But also, unique buff idea! I like it.
    2. I feel like 50% is a tad too much... Although toolboxes did get a nerf. Maybe like 35-40%
    3. Yeah the only issue is, what happens to the tiering.
    4. Could work... still doesn't fix the skill check issue tho.
    5. Yeah! Agreed. If they think 20% faster walking speed is too much, they could always say "This works half as effective when injured"

    Thanks for your feedback, and I'm glad that you like most of these ideas!

    1. The old green med-kit had 24 charges and increased its own item efficiency. This allowed a green med-kit with no addons to get 2 uses.
    2. 50% is a lot yes, but if you compare it to most other perks that are used often, it is incredibly lackluster. I feel like anything less than 50% would cause a lot of scenarios where you use a medkit, try to use it again, and run out of charges right before you can get the heal off.
    3. The tiering can be something like 50/75/100% for the second addon, or the tiers could do something with the rarity of the addons similar to Plunderer's Instinct.
    4. A guaranteed skillcheck near the end of the heal would be nice to help you gain tokens, but the initial debuff is a much worse problem right now. I used to run it all the time, and I almost always got negative value out of it. That should not happen.
  • @Exerlin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1212439#Comment_1212439

    Thanks for your feedback, and I'm glad that you like most of these ideas!

    1. The old green med-kit had 24 charges and increased its own item efficiency. This allowed a green med-kit with no addons to get 2 uses.
    2. 50% is a lot yes, but if you compare it to most other perks that are used often, it is incredibly lackluster. I feel like anything less than 50% would cause a lot of scenarios where you use a medkit, try to use it again, and run out of charges right before you can get the heal off.
    3. The tiering can be something like 50/75/100% for the second addon, or the tiers could do something with the rarity of the addons similar to Plunderer's Instinct.
    4. A guaranteed skillcheck near the end of the heal would be nice to help you gain tokens, but the initial debuff is a much worse problem right now. I used to run it all the time, and I almost always got negative value out of it. That should not happen.
    1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjWLd5D5mqE This video is quite old, but at 0:50 it shows it ALMOST fully heals you.
    2. I'm just worried about how efficient medkits could become. With or without Botany Knowledge.
    3. Right, didn't think about that. Okay could work then.
  • @Milo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1212458#Comment_1212458

    1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjWLd5D5mqE This video is quite old, but at 0:50 it shows it ALMOST fully heals you.
    2. I'm just worried about how efficient medkits could become. With or without Botany Knowledge.
    3. Right, didn't think about that. Okay could work then.
    1. WOW that sucks! At least botany or self care would push that over the 2 heal mark.
    2. They would be very efficient, but I don't think it would become too powerful. If someone wanted to, they could bring in a med-kit without any perks and heal themselves almost 4 times. I think it would be very rare for someone to bring Streetwise with a beefy med-kit AND heal themselves more than 3 or 4 times in said match. Streetwise would mainly be useful for addonless and lower tiered items. Also, keep in mind that with +50% efficiency, each charge takes 50% longer to be consumed, so a 24 charge item would have the same usage as a 16 charge item with Streetwise.