What happens when you prestige? What do you lose?
Everyone just says that you lose "everything." But does that include cosmetics? Like, if I have a cosmetic from the rift for Legion and I prestige them, do I lose that cosmetic? :s
Tagged:
Trusted
Comments
It doesn't include cosmetics. You lose everything that you have unlocked through the bloodweb. That means perks, items, add-ons and offerings. In exchange, you receive a bloody 'prestige' cosmetic and a slightly increased chance for rare items to spawn in your bloodweb.
@bigyikes
For context from the end of the comment above, that rarity increase is quite small. But besides that, you don't lose your cosmetics no, you just lose the offerings, add-ons, perks, and/or offerings from that characters previous prestige level.
This comment doesn't really add much else unfortunately, I just wanted to clarify that the rarity increase is not as big as you'd hope it to be. Prestiging in-general is just a goal for completionists, it doesn't offer anything else besides that and some slight rewards with the bloody cosmetic pieces. If you'd like a goal, than give P3-50ing a try! If not, than staying at P0, P1, or P2 acceptable as well.
The bloody cosmetic pieces is kind of a small reward for prestiging, so if you'd like different variants from the default skins than that's a nice goal to work for.
You lose your will to live
Oof.
Unless this is a meme, than I can see why the grind might not appeal to some players. It really depends on how much time you're willing to put into it.
Compared to other games, the grind is not so bad. I personally hate grindy games and that's why I quit Warframe, I couldn't handle it anymore after 400hrs of pure grind.
Understandable, it's an "acquired taste" I guess.
Some people like having a goal, some don't care either way. Sometimes it's not about a goal though, it's more-so about how much a person is willing to put into a game they like. If they enjoy the grind and completionist outlook, than grinding is for them. If not, than they prefer a more casual style of gaming.
But like I said, it's not for everyone.