Two questions concerning ill-advised gameplay

One: Where can I find definitions on terms like "slugging" and such? Searches on this forum turned up nil.


Two: I play as Leatherface and have a specific strategy. After hooking someone, I get a reasonable distance away so there is a opportunity for them to be saved, but not so far away that I have no chance in catching them. I use the chainsaw just in case I do catch up to them. The way I see it, I'm being fair, but is this really a problem? I know some people will complain no matter what happens, but I like to keep things fair.

Comments

  • @BCNilesen said:

    One: Where can I find definitions on terms like "slugging" and such? Searches on this forum turned up nil.

    Two: I play as Leatherface and have a specific strategy. After hooking someone, I get a reasonable distance away so there is a opportunity for them to be saved, but not so far away that I have no chance in catching them. I use the chainsaw just in case I do catch up to them. The way I see it, I'm being fair, but is this really a problem? I know some people will complain no matter what happens, but I like to keep things fair.

    Ah, a new member of the fold.

    1. Slugging refers to downing a survivor, and then leaving them on the ground as opposed to hooking them. Its called slugging because the survivors resemble slugs wiggling on the ground. Slugging provides in-game pressure and its a great slowdown tool, though I prefer to hook instead of slug.

    2. People complain no matter what. Keep your head up! Relish in their salt my friend.

    Should you have any more questioms concerning gameplay terms, just ask the community! Theyll tell you!

  • Why are you so worried about their fun? What will you do when the time comes you won't be having fun and they won't care? Make it miserable for them, and you will feel better than trying to feel good about being fair. Remember you paid for the game so you can play however you want.

  • @BCNilesen said:

    One: Where can I find definitions on terms like "slugging" and such? Searches on this forum turned up nil.

    Two: I play as Leatherface and have a specific strategy. After hooking someone, I get a reasonable distance away so there is a opportunity for them to be saved, but not so far away that I have no chance in catching them. I use the chainsaw just in case I do catch up to them. The way I see it, I'm being fair, but is this really a problem? I know some people will complain no matter what happens, but I like to keep things fair.

    1.) Slugging refers to downing Survivors without hooking them. This is completely "legal" and you cannot be banned for it.

    2.) You can play how you want, as long as you aren't breaking any of BHVR's rules, you will be fine. As a suggestion, turn off Post-Game chat if you are on PC.

  • @Zaitsev covered very accurately what slugging is. In terms of it being a "great" strategy for slowing down the game...it can be, but if the game doesn't need slowing down (IE: you're doing really well), it's just an annoyance to the survivors who are disabled from doing their objectives: the slug cant do anything and the other survivors cant get an unhook, which - same as when you hook someone - is a major blood point generator. So, use it wisely.

    As for the second game play - proxying around the hook to run back and tunnel (IE: smack the freshly off-hooked person back into dying state to re-hook them immediately) is super obnoxious from a survivor perspective and pretty lazy as a killer. It disables the person on the receiving end from playing the game and they don't have any control over that. I wouldn't recommend doing this, unless all the gens are done and the only thing left to do is defend your hook. Or unless you don't care about other people's enjoyment of the game. If you run back in and go for the person doing the off-hooking, you will probably still be accused of camping because you never got out of side or radius of the hook, but it's a more acceptable practice, as it gives the off-hooked person a chance to continue playing the game while you chase the healthy survivor. Running in to insta-down them both with a chainsaw is probably the most offensive. Again, if you care about the enjoyment of others, I dont recommend it.

    Just play how you would want a killer to treat you if you were the survivor. Would you want to be unable to save your teammate or get instantly downed when coming off a hook? Probably not. Otherwise, it's fair game.

  • @OhMyWords said:

    Why are you so worried about their fun? What will you do when the time comes you won't be having fun and they won't care? Make it miserable for them, and you will feel better than trying to feel good about being fair. Remember you paid for the game so you can play however you want.

    "Why are you so worried about their fun?"

    ...because he isn't a dick.