Rite of Purification: idea to make hexes last a bit longer

I don't think I have to explain the curse of hex totems cleansed right at the start of the game, so right to the point.

The idea is simple: at the start of the match survivors cannot see the lights of a hex totem, making them appear as dull totems. They still get notified of an active hex and can still cleanse them normally. In addition to that though they can perform a short ritual (I called Rite of Purification because why not) by a shrine, which in my head is located in the basement by the furthest wall from the entrance, that allows them too see hex totems as we know them.

What this simple mechanic accomplishes is to give a little more lifespan to hexes in the early game. Plus it would be a sort of buff to Territorial imperative, which would synergie well with hex builds.

Comments