White Wards and survivor item add-ons

DBD_20200410_WhiteWard_desc.png

According to the description for White Ward...

Burning this offering grants you protection against the loss of your item and add-ons.

However, when I tested this, it does not work as stated. If you die with the item, yes you keep the item and add-ons. But if you escape you lose the add-ons. This doesn't make any sense honestly, and I doubt it is a bug, as the devs were pretty explicit in stating that you must use Ace In The Hole in order to keep your add-ons if you escape.

So can we get this changed? It feels a lot more reasonable to ask the survivor to burn an offering than to use a perk for something like this (although I want to point out it makes sense for the perk since it is designed to earn you items with add-ons). If you want to look for items in a game and keep them plus the add-ons, bring AITH and escape. If you want to bring an item with add-ons into a trial, offer a White Ward (or bring AITH if you can afford the perk slot).

Comments

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://imgur.com/Evo2896

    According to the description for White Ward...

    Burning this offering grants you protection against the loss of your item and add-ons.

    However, when I tested this, it does not work as stated. If you die with the item, yes you keep the item and add-ons. But if you escape you lose the add-ons. This doesn't make any sense honestly, and I doubt it is a bug, as the devs were pretty explicit in stating that you must use Ace In The Hole in order to keep your add-ons if you escape.

    So can we get this changed? It feels a lot more reasonable to ask the survivor to burn an offering than to use a perk for something like this (although I want to point out it makes sense for the perk since it is designed to earn you items with add-ons). If you want to look for items in a game and keep them plus the add-ons, bring AITH and escape. If you want to bring an item with add-ons into a trial, offer a White Ward (or bring AITH if you can afford the perk slot).

    Honestly i feel it should work but why have two things that essentially do the same thing. They could change the wording to make it more clear on you losing them if you die. But i do feel the devs made it clear that the only way you keep your addons is with AITH. Survivors have AITH to keep those rushes going and killers have their own ward to keep their killing going.

  • @yandere777 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/143485/white-wards-and-survivor-item-add-ons

    Honestly i feel it should work but why have two things that essentially do the same thing. They could change the wording to make it more clear on you losing them if you die. But i do feel the devs made it clear that the only way you keep your addons is with AITH. Survivors have AITH to keep those rushes going and killers have their own ward to keep their killing going.

    Well they would have different uses.

    AITH is for Plunderer builds where you come into the game with nothing and leave with something. But you still have to survive.

    WW is for those who simply bring an item with add-ons into the game. They don't need to give up a perk slot for it, and it would be equal to a killer's Black Ward in that it protects from the loss of add-ons (and the item) regardless of what happens to you. The only way you could lose your item is if you drop it (willingly or unwillingly).

    That's why I didn't put this in bug reports, because the devs clearly said AITH is what you need to keep your item and add-on. But WW text says it should protect them too, and it doesn't make sense I would keep them if I die but not if I survive. It's like I'm better off dying then, which makes no sense.

    So either the description needs to be changed, or WW should protect your add-ons on escape. The latter makes a lot more sense to me, and is much more reasonable than to expect survivors to give up a perk slot to keep their add-ons.

    One last thing, I'd just like to say that this change to add-on consumption is really dumb. If you escape with charges on your item, you should keep the item AND the add-ons. If you had no charges, then yes add-ons should be consumed regardless. I can partially understand their logic for the change, but it just feels like as survivor to escape and barely have used your item only to lose the add-ons (especially if you offered a WW to protect them both from loss).