Dead Dawg Saloon is a weird map, but a map of starts
This map is possibly one of the smallest maps
(yes I know, I read the labels on the Hawkins Portrait)
The issue with this map
Yes I know we asked for smaller maps, but Dead Dawg Saloon has something different than Hawkins, the amount of cover on the map and its size
"BuT kIlLeR, yOu AsKeD fOr SmAlLeR maPs, wHy ArE yOu CoMpLaInInG aBoUt ThIs MaPs sIZE?"
Simple, this map hurts both sides alot. Yes, this map looks cool, but now imagine this.
Hawkin's but with like, 85% less cover. Notice something?
If Hawkins was missing alot of the cover or walls the map had, the killer could go to one spot of the map and almost always find survivors, along with it being extremely easy to find survivors, its also really easy to get 3 gen'd or even 4 gen'd. Exits spawn can spawn on either wall, but this makes it even easier to see where a survivor is at. The cover being almost entirely gone, reduced to atoms, Stealth Killers will have a hard time getting anything out of their power, well besides Michael.
Why is dead dawg saloon the map of starts?
This is also something I should explain, this map shows that you can't make a map too big, but you also cannot make a map too small. You need to find the middle point where the map is perfect size. This map was also the introduction to "Breakable walls", which actually was poorly explained and shows the tutorial for killers needs an update but that's besides the point.
I'm not asking to increase the size of Saloon, nor is this a post asking about reducing the cover on Hawkins.
This is a post warning about the issue of making a map too small


Comments
Well they obviously made it this small because they knew they were going to adjust the sizes of the current maps. I'm ok with the size. I'm just not ok with how the structures are laid out.
From a lore standpoint, it looks fine. It just doesn't play out that well when running through it. The flow I get with this feels forced and "inorganic". It's more guessing than mindgame.. at least to me. And it's funny that you bring up Hawkins because I get a similar vibe with it. It's just that there's so much ######### in it that I don't have time to think about it.