endgame collapse change.

So currently when the end game collapse happens, the generators become locked and you are able to open the doors. When there is only one survivor remaining, and the killer closes the hatch, the end game collapse begins. During this phase the survivor's only way of survival is to open a door. The door takes 20 seconds and the killer is able to position themselves (in some maps) to where they do not have to walk far to see the red light of the door, making it almost impossible to open the door. I would suggest changing it to where the red light does not exist when there is only one survivor or making the door open faster.

Comments

  • @SoylentPixie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1204406#Comment_1204406

    Slugging is not taking the game hostage. Even as a survivor player I can understand the logic in it.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1204428#Comment_1204428

    This game is not balanced around who 'deserves' to win, it is balanced around two teams trying to outwit each other. The killer could find the last survivor first, they win fair and square. The survivor opens the gate and gets out, they win fair and square. The game does not guarantee

    a 'deserved' kill just because you kill the other 3 or because you closed the hatch. Given that the killer is now at an advantage since the survivor only has one way to go, if the survivor outwits you and gets out, they earned it.

    On the subject of hiding the light...not really a fan of the idea. Not all doors are next to each other or easily accessible to low mobility killers. All a survivor would have to do is partially open the gate, hide, rinse, repeat. The killer would have no idea where to go and in the interests of fairness when the endgame truly is 1v1 I don't see this as being right.

    Ok let me explain why.

    The killer has stopped you from completing all gens and from escaping through the hatch. He or she has been triumphant and bas stopped your best efforts. Do they deserve the 4k? Yes because they played better, but does that mean the survivor can't manage to pull it back? Of course not. There is always a chance.

  • @Cheers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1214105#Comment_1214105

    Ok let me explain why.

    The killer has stopped you from completing all gens and from escaping through the hatch. He or she has been triumphant and bas stopped your best efforts. Do they deserve the 4k? Yes because they played better, but does that mean the survivor can't manage to pull it back? Of course not. There is always a chance.

    Sorry but I still don't agree with the idea of 'deserves'. No survivor 'deserves' the hatch just because they did 4 gens but 3 people died. And no killer 'deserves' that fourth kill unless they make the fourth kill. The devs have literally stated that the game is not over untill all are dead or have escaped. Those are the parameters for winning and losing, not who 'deserves it'.

    I've had games where i have literally ran around like a blue bummed fly doing gens, hook rescues, totems like a champ. 3 potatoes die because they rushed hook and got slugged.

    Do I at that point deserve the hatch or a free run at the gates simply because i played well? I can guarantee most killers would say "Hell no"

  • @SoylentPixie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1214462#Comment_1214462

    Sorry but I still don't agree with the idea of 'deserves'. No survivor 'deserves' the hatch just because they did 4 gens but 3 people died. And no killer 'deserves' that fourth kill unless they make the fourth kill. The devs have literally stated that the game is not over untill all are dead or have escaped. Those are the parameters for winning and losing, not who 'deserves it'.

    I've had games where i have literally ran around like a blue bummed fly doing gens, hook rescues, totems like a champ. 3 potatoes die because they rushed hook and got slugged.

    Do I at that point deserve the hatch or a free run at the gates simply because i played well? I can guarantee most killers would say "Hell no"

    I did mention in an earlier comment "If the killer had a 3k, unless the three that died weren't good or the guy alive is amazing, even if the killer doesn't find the hatch, the killer deserves a 4k.

1 2 ›