Don't be too excited for the map change yet!!

They only showed us what they changed, but not the magnitude.

For example, map size. It could be a small area of the map, or, half of the map.

We don't know the value yet, so we don't know how it is. It could be unnoticeable or game-changing.

Look at the breakable walls, people thought it's a huge buff to killer, but instead they put it just beside god windows, and must be broken to have fair loop.

So please, don't be too excited or too angry yet. PTB is in tomorrow. Just wait for a day and you'll know for sure

Comments

  • Of course we need to wait to see how these changes are tomorrow, but I think it's fairly safe to say that this patch is looking real good. I doubt these changes will all have barely any effect. Just look at the three images that depict changes to god loops, those loops look much better now.

    Add to that the gen nerfs and I feel like this game might be in a very healthy spot balance wise after the patch. I'm hopeful that killer and survivor queue times even out after this new patch.

    In fact, depending on how impactful this patch is for killers, I think it might be smart to take a look at some of survivors biggest frustrations as well in updates after this one. Camping and tunneling, as well as certain op killer addons and Moris.

  • @ad19970 said:

    Of course we need to wait to see how these changes are tomorrow, but I think it's fairly safe to say that this patch is looking real good. I doubt these changes will all have barely any effect. Just look at the three images that depict changes to god loops, those loops look much better now.

    Add to that the gen nerfs and I feel like this game might be in a very healthy spot balance wise after the patch. I'm hopeful that killer and survivor queue times even out after this new patch.

    In fact, depending on how impactful this patch is for killers, I think it might be smart to take a look at some of survivors biggest frustrations as well in updates after this one. Camping and tunneling, as well as certain op killer addons and Moris.

    Looking good doesn't mean it's good. Also, nothing is safe when this game is on the hands of these devs (just a joke :)). They can't deny their history lol.

    However, removal of god loop is certainly a good change (which should be done years earlier)

    But for other changes, lets wait for the PTB

  • It’s too late, I’m already excited. That gen speed change alone and is enough for me to throw a few more bucks at behavior. I especially like that change on hook, when I was a baby survivor I kept forcing myself to stage 2 because I did not understand.

  • @Deathslinger said:

    It’s too late, I’m already excited. That gen speed change alone and is enough for me to throw a few more bucks at behavior. I especially like that change on hook, when I was a baby survivor I kept forcing myself to stage 2 because I did not understand.

    I have the same feeling for hook change honestly. But i would be much excited if it happens 2 years ago lol.

    But for map changes, i'm holding my feelings first. I don't want to be hyped and later realise that it's a huge let down.