Since when has come to be that the safest place is in the killer’s face?

Been seeing a lot of this today. Survivors run up into my face and stay as close to me as possible. They take up half my screen, sometimes 2 faces at once (and dang Nea’s creepy!). However, every swipe I take misses!

Has something changed in the killer’s attack arc or something? Unless I have them in a vertical line through the center of my screen, attacks don’t hit. The animation shows a diagonal slash though (Legion). How wide is this “hit-band” anyway?

Comments

  • it has to do with hitboxes, they fuckey

    ESPECIALLY on huntress, who already getsfucked by most maps to begin with

  • @yobuddd said:

    Been seeing a lot of this today. Survivors run up into my face and stay as close to me as possible. They take up half my screen, sometimes 2 faces at once (and dang Nea’s creepy!). However, every swipe I take misses!

    Has something changed in the killer’s attack arc or something? Unless I have them in a vertical line through the center of my screen, attacks don’t hit. The animation shows a diagonal slash though (Legion). How wide is this “hit-band” anyway?

    Oh lord, hitboxes are ridiculously broken. Theyll hurt you at close range as killer, but youll hit survivors crossmap just fine. Ironic

  • Yeah, Survivors know how ######### the hitboxes are at that range and abuse it.

  • We’ve all seen that picture of hit boxes with the red slash emanating from The Trapper’s killer capsule toward Dwight’s survivor capsule.

    I wonder if the devs could provide a top-down view of this picture so we can see the width of the attack zone at different distances from the killer. @Peanits

  • I'm not sure if you have played Huntress but this is always a super annoying thing, if they crouch at your feet your arm just refuses to throw the hatchet there. It can hit occasionally but you'd be better off backpedalling or going for the M1.