White Ward Should Protect Items when you Survive

I thought this was a bug but I checked the bug reports and found that it was marked not a bug. This should change.

Currently if you put on a white ward, you should let yourself die at the end of a match. Even if you are using 2 brown addons thats 6k BP worth of stuff. If you escape you only get 5k BP. So you are more BP efficient by purposefully letting yourself die.

That is with 2 brown addons. If you have a red and purple addon that is 13k BP, escaping causes you to lose those addons, you would not have lost them if you let yourself die and you only gain 5k BP for surviving.

This is also inconsistent with the black ward and killer add ons. The entire justification for this change was making it fair between killer's and survivors. The killer's black ward does not care if you win, lost, got 0 kills, 4 kills, you keep the addons. Same should apply to white ward.

Edit: oh and I also forgot to mention that if you escape, you lose the white ward anyways, so now you're down a white ward, and 2 addons, so escaping essentially costs you the price of a white ward for no additional benefit on top of the fact that escape points are worth less than addons.

Comments

  • @SkeletalElite said:

    I thought this was a bug but I checked the bug reports and found that it was marked not a bug. This should change.

    Currently if you put on a white ward, you should let yourself die at the end of a match. Even if you are using 2 brown addons thats 6k BP worth of stuff. If you escape you only get 5k BP. So you are more BP efficient by purposefully letting yourself die.

    That is with 2 brown addons. If you have a red and purple addon that is 13k BP, escaping causes you to lose those addons, you would not have lost them if you let yourself die and you only gain 5k BP for surviving.

    This is also inconsistent with the black ward and killer add ons. The entire justification for this change was making it fair between killer's and survivors. The killer's black ward does not care if you win, lost, got 0 kills, 4 kills, you keep the addons. Same should apply to white ward.

    Edit: oh and I also forgot to mention that if you escape, you lose the white ward anyways, so now you're down a white ward, and 2 addons, so escaping essentially costs you the price of a white ward for no additional benefit on top of the fact that escape points are worth less than addons.


    What?

    I thought that would be a bug.

    I don't understand why escaping with a white ward is supposed to only protect your Item.It should protect items AND addons whether you die or escape.