Played One Game Since Break - Leaving Again

So I play more Killer than I do Survivor because it's the role I joined the game for, have well over 3000 hours in the game. For the past while now every update has made the experience playing Killer terrible, and also playing solo survivor almost just as bad. So I took a break from the game, because that's what everyone says to do. Well I just came back from that break because I seen the twitter post about the new archive coming out soon, and I was like "I should catch up on that - it would make sense, the game would be better by now". So I log in and right off the bat all of my dailies are killer dailies. Figures since there probably isn't any killers (inb4 people remind me that dailies is on a system where it tries to make you play different characters, not fill needed roles for matchmaking - from experience i'm sure it's a combination of both). So I jump into a match as Killer. First map I get Macmillian Estate, Coal Tower, one of my most hated maps, among the ridiculous amount of survivor sided maps in this game. With a heavy sigh, I start to try and chase some survivors - can't catch them. Too many safe loops and pallets, two of them have sprint burst and straight up disappear when I lose line of sight. I get two hits, and already lost 3 generators. So I DC, there's no point. I'm already frusterated, and stressed out. I'm done playing the game, at least for today, probably for another few months, or at least until the dev's really fix how broken their game is and gives me a good enough reason to come back.

I'm sure I'm not the only one like this, because I only joined the forums like after a month - two months into the break I was taking from the game to see if it got better, and it didn't look that way then, and it still isn't fixed now.

Comments

  • I should also mention. I don't care if I lose. I care if I have fun. I would sooner see the dev's make the game a fun exeperience - for everyone. I don't care about balance. I don't care about rank. I just want to have fun, laugh, and sometimes meme with other people. I can do that with Survivor just fine - always had. I could do that with friends just fine - always had. However when you play Killer, it's sweat sweat sweat, and if you try to use a build out of the meta or isn't boring/toxic to go against (like a tunneling/camping build) - you're going to have a bad time.