I'm trying to find a way (similar to the way Paulie Esther does his) where you can load up a custom dbd map by itself and run around in free mode. Is this a separate program? does anyone know how this is done?
No, unfortunately there is no option to explore, test, or play on any maps by yourself, you need another player in the queue to do this. This has been an issue for some players, like myself, who go into Custom Games (KYFs) to get answers for questions in this exact sub-forum.
It's been an issue in the past and it's still unfortunately an issue right now.
I don't, sorry. I've only ever seen him reacting to other people's footage, but my guess would be that they load the assets into a game engine like Unity or Unreal (probably the latter, since that's what DBD is built on) and explore them in the editor there.
I'm not sure if we're allowed to tell you, even if we knew.
He's done it before and seems fine to do so, but I don't know if that's something we can publicly tell you? I mean, it's not like we're telling you exploits so... I wouldn't think so. Regardless if we can or not, nobody seems to know this answer. All we know is that there's no way to play solo in a CG through regular means.
This forum is not the place for this, we don't advice to change or edit the game files in any way, since that might lead to consequences we couldn't help you with.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I believe Paulie uses another program for that. Unfortunately, there is no option in DBD currently to explore maps solo.
@th3beardedbaron
No, unfortunately there is no option to explore, test, or play on any maps by yourself, you need another player in the queue to do this. This has been an issue for some players, like myself, who go into Custom Games (KYFs) to get answers for questions in this exact sub-forum.
It's been an issue in the past and it's still unfortunately an issue right now.
Do you know what program he uses?
I don't, sorry. I've only ever seen him reacting to other people's footage, but my guess would be that they load the assets into a game engine like Unity or Unreal (probably the latter, since that's what DBD is built on) and explore them in the editor there.
They open the game on Unreal Engine the program most likely.
I'm not sure if we're allowed to tell you, even if we knew.
He's done it before and seems fine to do so, but I don't know if that's something we can publicly tell you? I mean, it's not like we're telling you exploits so... I wouldn't think so. Regardless if we can or not, nobody seems to know this answer. All we know is that there's no way to play solo in a CG through regular means.
This might work? Might. Really no too sure
https://sourceforge.net/projects/gameextractor/files/
This forum is not the place for this, we don't advice to change or edit the game files in any way, since that might lead to consequences we couldn't help you with.