Arabic Support Volunteering

Hello everyone!

I've recently come across a Steam thread from 2017 in which Bianca from BHVR talks about a possible Arabic translation of the game, she ponders if it's something the community is heavily invested in, I'll link for the thread down below if you're interested.

I was wondering if this can ever reach development? The DBD Arab community is a large one to say the least and multiple Arab streamers and content creators are getting constant support from their respective audiences on their DBD content.

Obviously there is a lot to unpack when it comes to accurately translating entertainment media (Seen in many perk descriptions translated from French to English).. But I was wondering if there ever is an intention, and if there is, I'm happy to volunteer!

Thank you for considering.

Steam thread: https://steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/11/135509314046379624/

Comments

  • @Crimsson said:

    Hello everyone!

    I've recently come across a Steam thread from 2017 in which Bianca from BHVR talks about a possible Arabic translation of the game, she ponders if it's something the community is heavily invested in, I'll link for the thread down below if you're interested it.

    I was wondering if this can ever reach development? The DBD Arab community is a large one to say the least and multiple Arab streamers and content creators are getting constant support from their respective audiences on their DBD content.

    Obviously there is a lot to unpack when it comes to accurately translating entertainment media (Seen in many perk descriptions translated from French to English).. But I was wondering if there ever is an intention, and if there is, I'm happy to volunteer!

    Thank you for considering.

    Steam thread: https://steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/11/135509314046379624/

    I'm just curious how you guys play? An English translation?

  • @kazakun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/140887/arabic-support-volunteering

    I'm just curious how you guys play? An English translation?

    Using the English version is standard, most people would figure out how items/perks/add ons by trial and error, or using a translator which is very inaccurate most of the time..

  • @Crimsson said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1186875#Comment_1186875

    Using the English version is standard, most people would figure out how items/perks/add ons by trial and error, or using a translator which is very inaccurate most of the time..

    Oh wow. I'm kinda sad to hear that. Hopefully they will work on it someday. Is there a mod or something for PC that can translate?