Learning to evade as a new survivor

I've only been playing for a few months. I've gotten pretty good at skill checks and am understanding more and more how we play as a team to unhook, keep gens going, nixxing totems, etc. I've committed to encouraging others on the chat and keeping my tongue when someone tunnels, camps, etc. It sucks, but I realize it is one strategy, I may not like it, but I get it. However, I am just learning to look behind me as I am being chased. Evasion, to me, is the most difficult thing to master and I just am not seeing a lot of progress. I like Urban Evasion, Spine Chill, Kindred or Bond and Sprint Burst. To some degree, these give me a chance but is it map knowledge I lack? How do you looping gurus do it?

Comments

  • knowing maps, tile RNG, how loops can spawn, how to efficiently use a loop etc

    by now for me i am able to run without even looking where I'm going, its just something that comes with time