How does the banning system works?

Yesterday I posted about a hacker in order for the banning team, if they see the forum, can punish the player since I posted evidence. To my surprise, someone asked if I had the player's steam id, which I didn't. I dunno if the guy will get banned or not, that's why I'm asking these questions:

How does the ban system work?
Is the banning team active to the forums?
Do the devs rewind the gameplay in order to see if someone cheated? If so why don't we have a match history system to make their work easier?

I would appreciate if you can answer any of the above. Cya in the fog.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Here are two links for you. This should answer most of your questions. ^_^

    Game Rules and Support System

    Recording Evidence

  • To begin with, the forums aren't the place to report anyone. The correct way to do so is report them after the game, and possibly also submit a Support ticket with additional evidence. For hacking, the Support ticket is required, and as part of that you need both your Steam ID64 and the offending player's.

    Although this isn't explicitly stated in the Game Rules, you will need video evidence to attach to your ticket, because they won't ban someone on your word alone. As far as I know, the Support team do not have the resources to record and review your gameplay footage themselves, which is why you need to submit your own evidence. I would recommend that you download a screen recording program like OBS onto your computer, and if you're in a game where you notice someone hacking, tab out, open OBS and record the rest of the game, because chances are they'll do it again for the camera (I had to do this to report a hacker in one of my games just yesterday).

    As for whether the Support team are active on the forums, I don't know for sure, but I would guess not since their job sorting through all the Support tickets probably keeps them very busy.

    You can find details about the banning system and how it works in the Game Rules post: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/19450/game-rules-and-report-system

    And here you can find instructions on how to record video evidence to report a player, on any platform: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/66835/recording-evidence-for-your-player-report

  • @Fibijean said:

    To begin with, the forums aren't the place to report anyone. The correct way to do so is report them after the game, and possibly also submit a Support ticket with additional evidence. For hacking, the Support ticket is required, and as part of that you need both your Steam ID64 and the offending player's.

    Although this isn't explicitly stated in the Game Rules, you will need video evidence to attach to your ticket, because they won't ban someone on your word alone. As far as I know, the Support team do not have the resources to record and review your gameplay footage themselves, which is why you need to submit your own evidence. I would recommend that you download a screen recording program like OBS onto your computer, and if you're in a game where you notice someone hacking, tab out, open OBS and record the rest of the game, because chances are they'll do it again for the camera (I had to do this to report a hacker in one of my games just yesterday).

    As for whether the Support team are active on the forums, I don't know for sure, but I would guess not since their job sorting through all the Support tickets probably keeps them very busy.

    You can find details about the banning system and how it works in the Game Rules post: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/19450/game-rules-and-report-system

    And here you can find instructions on how to record video evidence to report a player, on any platform: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/66835/recording-evidence-for-your-player-report

    I did report em after game and I recorded the gameplay footage, though I didn't link it because I had to first upload it to YouTube. I'll try and send it will the ticket. Thanks

  • Report after game to get noticed, link a vod if you can as well in end game chat. From what I’ve seen filling out two separate tickets for the same thing slows down the process so it’s best to do it in one place.