Possible rework to rankings

As many players of Dead by Daylight (DBD) know, ever season there is a restart to a player's individual killer/survivor rank. This ranking is to ensure balanced and fair games for all players of all skill levels and is often appraised for it's constructive effects towards new players. One large issue with rankings is that an error can be devastating to new players and even make a game unplayable. I personally have approximately two hundred sixteen hours as of the making of this discussion and have begun playing DBD again after a extended break (for any interest to the reader I stopped playing shortly before the release of the Oni Killer - Patch 3.4.0 December 3rd 2019), this will be relevant to the topic in a moment, and my ranking has been reset to base level twenty. Within the last three games I have played I have faced ludicrously high ranking players with my last match resulting in a rank three survivor (image attached). It appears that since my last time playing DBD there has been reworking and tweaks to the ranking system but this issue is a rather large gap of skill and made the three games I had played unenjoyable for not just me but the other players. It may be caused by the players being in a group or as individuals (the later would be a far worse scenario). I find there may be alternative ways to fix this without a whole system adjustment such as groups receiving a killer with a minor or averaged ranking killer instead of a killer based on the lowest ranked player.

Screenshot_2.png


Comments