Matchmaking with multiple prestige's/ red ranks and de-ranking as Killer

Hello, Level 13 killer here, and I am here after yet another game with a red rank or two, and after de-ranking again. The last game in particular had toxic red ranks, in game and in the comments, and my god does it discourage new players to play killer. I hear that it takes 10 min + for red ranks to find matches, and after they can match with anyone, including a noobie like me. I suppose I sympathize with them because of the long waiting list, but nobody wants to go into a game thinking they are boned before the game even starts. I don't have any teachable perks on other characters, and they have they best loadouts. To add insult to injury, you get de-ranked and taunted at exit games, and so f*ck red ranks overall. Let them wait forever, they need to play with their own toxic kind.

However, I propose a solution. If you play killer and you are playing against purple and red ranks, when your're not, simply don't allow the chance for the killer to de-rank. Progress can still be zero, but you shouldn't be able to lose progress. Perhaps only if you are playing with players + or - 5 ranks around yours, then you can de-rank. That's all i ask, I know that lots of people already complain about matchmaking.

Comments

  • its called an MMR system

    unfortunately, MMR only really works in a symmetrical, balanced game, which this is not


    also do you think Reds try to get in your game? its the horrible MM system