Internet failing due to a worldwide overload thanks to the quarantine

I've had some trouble staying connected to the game servers because too many people are using internet services as they mostly spend their time at home. Thanks to that, internet providers are talking about a huge overload resulting in connection issues. I've been penalized because of that quite often recently. I'm not a quiter, many players I've met online aren't either and I think it should be addressed. Maybe a re-connection system or adding more time before the game "thinks" you quit or something similar to that, at least until we go back to our normal lives.

Comments

  • A reconnect option would be freakin wonderful.

    I don't know if it's a possibility (I don't see why there wouldn't be a way to let it happen but I'm not a developer so I don't want to assume) but it would be nice even when there isn't a global pandemic overloading the internet...

  • The disconnect penalty for a game with such a toxic community is the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen.

    Just stop giving them money. They’ll never get a penny from me again until they fix their game and its abysmal community. Nothing but trolls all the time

  • Yeah, wonderfull. You just disconnect when the killer picks you up, and later you reconnect. Where are you? on the hook, or lying on the ground?

    What about your bleedout timer? what about haunted grounds?