The lack of a clear defined objective for killer enforces massive imbalances.
One of the major reasons why killer is so imbalanced and weak is because of lack of a clear defined objective. Devs have stated that they supposedly try to balance for 2ks, but it's very easy to depip even with a 3k as shown below
If survivors' main objective is to do gens and escape and those award the most points and are the easiest way to pip, why is killing survivors not the main objective of the killer since the point system and the pip system does not reflect that?
Now you may bring up the point of hooking players and people suiciding on hook / dying on 1 hook, but that's the thing, the supposed point of the killer is to kill, and the devs have stated they're aiming for a 2k average, the point system and the pip system for killers does not reflect this at all.
Judging by the way the point system is set up for killer currently, the current objective for killers is to chase survivors, not kill them. I believe this is the main issue killers have, the devs have told the community that the objective of the killer is to kill, but they have balanced the game around the killer chasing survivors, not killing them.


Comments
This is a ridiculous thought, the true imbalance is with the Devs focusing on giving survivors crutch after crutch after everytime they find something that is "too OP" or "too difficult". The glaring problem with the rank system is not personal gameplay for the killer, it is the gen rush , it is the bullying potential with flashlights and the speed at which you can break hooks. I don't believe the Devs remember most of the time that this is an asymmetrical game and the killer side is being neglected, tools being nerfed, abilities changed, all because of an outcry of "not fair" or " this needs changed". I do not play anymore, I haven't played but maybe 5 games in the last 5 months or longer. I slowed my playing down when survivors complained about mend times on legion and officially quit when "Forever Freddy" was nerfed.
The Devs think about the group with the most money, the survivors, because given that the game is asymmetrical, the 4 side of that, 80% of the money, they must appease them. So you might as well give them an easy game. With no mind games and no difficulty whatsoever, because "kILler Op".
I've run games where gens are rushed. In red ranks, you depip. You end up hovering between rad and purple genrushing constantly.
In order to pip in red ranks, you have to get two red and two gold emblems.
Just a few days ago I got tunneled the 5 gens. Even after DS and adrenaline, the killer facecamped me and I had no other possibility in the match to repair or save others, the killer just wanted me dead, and after that, I depiped, so this is the "lack of skill" I have not to even get a black pip? This game's ranking is #########
I'm not going to lie, the system is flawed. I don't play killer a lot, but when I do, and I get kills like that, I've de-pipped myself. I recall once that I got a 4k, and I had de-pipped from that. I sat there so confused, so I clipped it, and went back. The game didn't even award me points for hooking and killing the last survivor. I think they just need to fix their game, honestly. Do what they said was the main objective, and give us the 2k average they claim to have wanted.