Event Incentive Afterwards

This is not so much a complaint or request as it merely is a way to inform the community and the team on how i see it.

So: Got the Survivor and Killer cosmetics.
The game requests from me to keep playing and keep using BBQ Invitations though, to help others out.
And i'm like: "Yeah, that would be the good thing to do."

But...I'm just missing the incentive.
Call me heartless, that's fine, the internet's done worse, but DbD's not my only game and helping others in a videogame is not something i view as a primary goal: I play to have fun.
I exclusively played this game for a few days only for both cosmetics.

With last event, there was the whole ordeal of the disgusting "balance" change, but let's put that aside for this discussion.
At least in that event, there was SOME form of common goal.
And i felt like i could help while also profit from it myself, since i don't play only one side and got all characters so far.

In short: Due to the lack of personal gain in terms of an end-goal, i myself feel a lack of further contribution.

How about you? You keep playing BBQ Invitations to help others? Or to gain yourself BP?
Do you even play them at all?

Comments

  • I play them for the BP. Thats a lot of easy BP. Plus might as well use them up so they don't sit in my inventory.
  • I play them for the BP. Thats a lot of easy BP. Plus might as well use them up so they don't sit in my inventory.
    #same. But I wish they'd have done a community award. Like if the community burns 2500 ( or whatever a reasonable number) or fixes 500 Margarita gens (also whatever number is reasonable) we get a community reward
  • Play for bloodpoints and the break up of the monotony of the game. It will be gone in a week. If you don't want to play something else someone will take your place. 
  • Boss said:

    This is not so much a complaint or request as it merely is a way to inform the community and the team on how i see it.

    So: Got the Survivor and Killer cosmetics.
    The game requests from me to keep playing and keep using BBQ Invitations though, to help others out.
    And i'm like: "Yeah, that would be the good thing to do."

    But...I'm just missing the incentive.
    Call me heartless, that's fine, the internet's done worse, but DbD's not my only game and helping others in a videogame is not something i view as a primary goal: I play to have fun.
    I exclusively played this game for a few days only for both cosmetics.

    With last event, there was the whole ordeal of the disgusting "balance" change, but let's put that aside for this discussion.
    At least in that event, there was SOME form of common goal.
    And i felt like i could help while also profit from it myself, since i don't play only one side and got all characters so far.

    In short: Due to the lack of personal gain in terms of an end-goal, i myself feel a lack of further contribution.

    How about you? You keep playing BBQ Invitations to help others? Or to gain yourself BP?
    Do you even play them at all?

    I use the invitations for points. I have noticed that I don't seem to get the bonus bp unless the invitation is offered.
  • @fcc2014 said:
    Play for bloodpoints and the break up of the monotony of the game. It will be gone in a week. If you don't want to play something else someone will take your place. 

    If someone joins after i close the game, i'm not locked out of the game nor would i kick them out as soon as i start again.
    There's no places to take.
    And idk about anyone else, but no amount of BP could nullify monotony for me, for the gameplay remains the same.