For map changes or for no map changes
Smaller maps with less god loops and safe loops? Or keep the maps the same as they are without any tweaking.
Smaller maps with less god loops and safe loops? Or keep the maps the same as they are without any tweaking.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Maps either have to be smaller and safer, or smaller and stealthier. If we double dip and make them both smaller and more dangerous then we haven't balanced the map, we've just made them killer sided.
The smaller maps in the game, aside from the indoor ones, all have a VERY good unique structure (Coal Tower, Saloon, Chapel).
There's definitely a couple maps that really stick out as being just ridiculously huge.
On the flip side, Hawkins is definitely an unfair map for survivors, I'm a killer main and even I'll concede I abuse the hell out of those offerings when they show up in my blood web.
Lery's is a mixed bag, while many survivors complain about it I have seen optimal survivors on Lery's absolutely be uncatchable if they have a good understanding of the layout. I think what makes Lery's difficult for many survivors is they don't realize how they can loop several mini-loops into a really difficult loop. There's a similar ability on Hawkins, but that dies the minute I start breaking pallets.
The best test should be a killer shouldn't see a generator pop before he's been able to walk across the map, that's usually not a good sign of good map design.
No, maps need to remain large, but things on those maps can be tweaked or perks added to help killers compensate.
Small maps are no fun to play on as survivor. The few small maps we have suck so much BLEEP. I hate Crotus Penn with a passion.