Particle effects and lighting do seem to have a measurable impact on FPS on Lery's, mostly around the edges of the map (with windows and their dust particles).
Does lowering your in-game graphics quality to Low help at all?
I am on pc and using a gtx 1060 4GB , I think what sacrilege said is what is happening , due to the particle effects they are decreasing performance , but I mostly get framedrops when playing as doctor so I think its the effects of his electric shock attack that is somehow messing up with the frames , like the devs coded that effect to always be renderable whenever the player decides to use it , and its affecting the coding/algorythem of the engine frame output . I have lowered the settings but it did not work , so I think its a coding/engine issue more then a settings issue since I mostly just get the issue with doctor when I play him on that map .
I am on pc and using a gtx 1060 4GB , I think what sacrilege said is what is happening , due to the particle effects they are decreasing performance , but I mostly get framedrops when playing as doctor so I think its the effects of his electric shock attack that is somehow messing up with the frames , like the devs coded that effect to always be renderable whenever the player decides to use it , and its affecting the coding/algorythem of the engine frame output . I have lowered the settings but it did not work , so I think its a coding/engine issue more then a settings issue since I mostly just get the issue with doctor when I play him on that map .
It could also just be your PC that's the issue, since I personally don't have any frame-rate loss on Lery's OR when playing The Doctor.
Maybe you can try looking at your graphics card, the ram you use, maybe verify the integrity of your files, small stuff like that. I'm not a PC expert though, so I can't really diagnose your issue without knowing a bit more about WHAT to do and the specs of your PC in-general. Even by knowing your specs, it could just be an issue with DBD clashing with your PC, I don't really know.
You can try going to the Technical Issues sub-forum, i'm sure someone there can figure out the issue for you. I'll link it below for you so you don't have to go searching for it.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I haven't noticed anything personally, but if you do have issues with it, I'd recommend making a thread about it in the Bug Reporting sub-forum: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/bugs
@batmanscar
I also haven't seen any issues with Lery's Memorial Institute.
Are you asking this as a Console player or a PC player? Since Console players have had issues with certain maps in the past.
Particle effects and lighting do seem to have a measurable impact on FPS on Lery's, mostly around the edges of the map (with windows and their dust particles).
Does lowering your in-game graphics quality to Low help at all?
I am on pc and using a gtx 1060 4GB , I think what sacrilege said is what is happening , due to the particle effects they are decreasing performance , but I mostly get framedrops when playing as doctor so I think its the effects of his electric shock attack that is somehow messing up with the frames , like the devs coded that effect to always be renderable whenever the player decides to use it , and its affecting the coding/algorythem of the engine frame output . I have lowered the settings but it did not work , so I think its a coding/engine issue more then a settings issue since I mostly just get the issue with doctor when I play him on that map .
It could also just be your PC that's the issue, since I personally don't have any frame-rate loss on Lery's OR when playing The Doctor.
Maybe you can try looking at your graphics card, the ram you use, maybe verify the integrity of your files, small stuff like that. I'm not a PC expert though, so I can't really diagnose your issue without knowing a bit more about WHAT to do and the specs of your PC in-general. Even by knowing your specs, it could just be an issue with DBD clashing with your PC, I don't really know.
You can try going to the Technical Issues sub-forum, i'm sure someone there can figure out the issue for you. I'll link it below for you so you don't have to go searching for it.
Here's the link to the technical issues sub-forum
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/technical-issues