Fun fact: The toolbox nerf has actually introduced a new fastest 1-man gen time.
Now, before we get into this, NO, I'm NOT trying to use this thread as a platform to say that toolboxes have been buffed. I just think it's interesting to note that if you try REALLY hard, you can get a toolbox that will solo a gen faster than any of the old ones could have. It takes a lot of effort, but it is possible. Here's how:
Equip a Commodious Toolbox, and use the addons Wire Spool and Scraps. The toolbox has a base of 32 charges, and the two addons add an extra 20, for a total of 52. Now equip the Perk Streetwise. This adds a 25% efficiency bonus, causing you to use up your Toolbox at a rate of 0.75 charges a second instead of 1 charge a second. With this efficiency bonus, your Commodious Toolbox now has the equivalent of about 69 charges.
The Commodious Toolbox currently repairs at a rate of +50%, or 1.5 charges per second. With what is effectively 69 charges used up at a rate of 1.5 charges per second, it takes exactly 46 seconds to do 69 charges of a generator, which is just under 7/8. It takes 11 seconds to complete the last 11 generator charges, for a total of 57 seconds to do one generator.
Compared to old Toolbox times, the fastest you could go with old boxes was an Engineer's with the addons Clean Rag and Socket Swivels which, if I am correct, resulted in a repair speed bonus of 31.25%. If you have 80 charges, it would take about 60.95 seconds to do one generator at that speed. Excluding the obvious addition of Brand New Parts and Perks, this was the fastest the old Toolboxes could go.
So if you bring the right build, you can actually make yourself capable of soloing a generator faster than you could have before the Toolbox rework.
Again, this isn't a comment about balancing. I'm trying to say Toolboxes need looked at again or anything. I just thought this would be interesting to point out.
Comments
hehehehehe nice work
I did a gen in 20 seconds but the fastest was on the ptb at 14 seconds