Guess I just can't play Dead by Daylight anymore.

My internet is sometimes spotty. And I never know when it's going to go out. Sometimes it won't go out at all! But when it goes out while playing DBD I get a matchmaking penalty! But hey, 5 minutes is fine. I don't have a problem with that. It discourages people from quitting games. That's all fair and good. (Though apparently suiciding on the first hook is totally acceptable). But then if it happens again -- not just in the next game, but within I think 24 hours -- your 5 minute penalty becomes 15. But hey, 15 minutes isn't too bad. If your internet is spotty, you want to wait at least that long to make sure it'll stay up. And it's unfair to other players if you get disconnected in the middle of a trial.

But then.. the penalty still applies when the game crashes. Wasn't your Internets fault. You didn't quit. The server either crashed or something happened, causing you to leave the game with 0 BP and a penalty to boot. HOW FUN. That 15 minute penalty then becomes a 30 minute penalty. And then you risk that 30 minute penalty becoming a 1 hour penalty if your internet goes out again OR if the game just crashes at no fault of your own. So then you have to quit playing for however long it takes for the penalty to decay (which I don't know is either 24 hours, or 48 hours or 72 hours. They never really explained it for some reason.) or risk ever increasing penalties in the event that your internet either goes out, or the game crashes.

I get it, I guess I just shouldn't play the game if my internet can be spotty at times. Wish I had known before spending money on the game and the DLC.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Thankfully we don't for now have the trash dedicated servers on Xbox and thus no dc penalties. And for all the crying over dcs I almost never see anyone dc at my rank and even as my smurf (rank 20 killer and rank 15 survivor) I don't really see it. Crashes have been pretty rare as of late, but last summer--one day I was "disconnected from host" over ten times in a row. It was beyond frustrating. Be nice if they fixed the buggy game first over worrying about dc timeouts.

  • Well, I tried playing again. A couple games went well then my internet went out AGAIN, and now I have a SIX HOUR ban. That is RIDICULOUS. I wish I could get my money back -- all the DLC I've bought, the Auric Cells, everything. A six HOUR ban is STUPID. What kind of idiotic company bans people from playing something they PAID FOR for a period of SIX HOURS? What's next? 24 hours? yeah, screw that. Screw this game. Screw this company.

  • While they need to work on game crashes not punishing people as that should never happen when it comes to your internet unfortunately that problem does lie at your end.

    You have to think each game you play with sketchy internet you ruin the game for the others involved. The system is much like other games where they also timeout for this happening. You can’t put the blame on game companies for wanting the players to have an experience others don’t ruin.

    If the main issue is your internet then that is what you need to sort out first and foremost.

  • Oh I wouldn't want to ruin the game for others involved. No! If I wanted to do that I'd just kill myself on the first hook, or facecamp or any of the other various acceptable behaviors in this game! But if I want to play and happen to lose connection a couple times over the course of a couple days and have one crash I get BANNED for SIX HOURS. That is a RIDICULOUS amount of time. But no, it's so simple! Why don't I just fix my internet connection! I mean gee, why didn't I think of that? Here I was perfectly happy with spotty internet that sometimes goes out. I should just call my provider and see if they'll do something about it -- OH RIGHT. They won't. And I don't have any other options for internet. But at the very least they don't give me six hour bans for something I paid for. If I'd known this game would BAN me for SIX HOURS when I bought it, I'd NEVER have bought it in the first place. What a waste of money. Call me crazy, but I like being able to use things I pay for.