I do want to feel like if I've ever done anything useful reporting in these 2 years

To explain it better, I'll just copy-paste here the support ticket I've just sent. Enjoy this bible.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Because I killed a survivor in a match, he started to insult me, and went to homophobic insults, so I reported it in-game, but after reporting him, he went too far by telling me that "he hopes I die soon".

Video with the entire chat: (hidden link)

Look behaviour, I'm not making my 223548th report of this game because I have fun doing it, I do not have. I'm sick, of waking up everyday, with wishes of starting up my PC, open DbD and have fun, but every day, there is at least someone who knows how to ruin the day. This game was one of my only ways to scape my real life problems, but this game, this community, and this support who never did anything good for me makes it worse. Do not dare to send me an email tomorrow to tell me you're looking into the issue, to then wait an entire month to tell me that "you might do something but you won't tell me" because I know the lack of work done, when I check the profiles and see they do not have any fun, they still play the game and still ruin it for hundreds of more people than me. This game is hurting me, my mental health and my feelings, and that death threat really meaned to me, and might ever take it seriously because people in the internet do not have any idea of what's happening behind the screen and in the other's people life.

This is the last report I make, because until now I thought I was doing something to the community, if I see, that after getting a late response of this ticket, nothing useful has been done, I'll just stop supporting the game, not ask my only irl friends to play, and most probably stop playing. I just don't want any single more racist, xenphobic, homophobic comment or real life death threat, beacuse I've had enough with years and years of this in real life at school, and I don't want to repeat the past.

Again, in case you missed it, the video with the entire chat log. (hidden link).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So if you actually did read all of this, you noticed that I hid a link. That's because devs can just delete your discussion and ban you, just because the offender's name appears there, even if there are more than 20,000 accounts with the same name. Here we can realise, that you can always get threatened, but if you expose someone and show how they really are, bhvr decides to silence and punish you. This is one od the principal reasons why this community is still so toxic after 4 years, the only good people are the ones who get punished and silenced.

You want the best for your players, behaviour? Do you want to finally make people have fun at your game? Stop making new stupid cosmetics, stop making new content having the already broken before, change your rules, and choose the good side of the community, instead of protecting the ones that kills the game.

Best wishes, Ángel

Comments

  • I've reported a person with video (posted it here, got jailed) about someone using my IRL location and threatening to tell local authorities I was going to self harm so they'd SWAT/come to my location.

    There's more to the story (including them initially completely disregarding the report because the wrong report type was selected, despite the video), but the dude is still playing.

    BHVR uses to be really good with this sort of thing.

    They don't seem to care, currently, though.

  • @Raccoon said:

    I've reported a person with video (posted it here, got jailed) about someone using my IRL location and threatening to tell local authorities I was going to self harm so they'd SWAT/come to my location.

    There's more to the story (including them initially completely disregarding the report because the wrong report type was selected, despite the video), but the dude is still playing.

    BHVR uses to be really good with this sort of thing.

    They don't seem to care, currently, though.

    Dude, I'm so sorry you had to pass through that.

    Now you gave me the final proof.

  • People get paid for this "support" which is the funniest part

  • If someone actually knows where you live and could send the police to your house that is one thing. Someone saying I hope you get Covid 19...okay lighten up Francis and grow a spine is what I'd suggest.