I'm quitting this game after playing 2.0k+ hours
I'm done and just burned out by the game due to how the recent patches were basically a cluster ######### of crap.
I played 60% killer, and 40% survivor, and the recent patches essentially made the killer role exponentially harder to play, while making survivor somewhat of a breeze to play. The two worst patches was the utter disaster of the nurse nerf, and the ruin nerf. These two patches are the patches that killed the game for me.
The nurse was a killer that needed an add on rework, but not on the base kit. The basekit was balanced were the time you put in to learn and master the nurse, rewarded you equally. Now the Nurse is the opposite were the time and effort needed to learn and master doesn't equal the reward, where the reward is low. There was a ton of feedback from the ptb, yet they weren't even listened to, and decided to release the nurse in the most unfun way possible. The Nurse is an unfun and boring killer to play now, and when playing the survivor, playing against the reworked nurse feels boring, instead of exciting from the old nurse. Essentially this patch, really deteriorated the compassion for this game.
The Ruin nerf was the breaking point for me, where gen times were a problem, and ruin helped mitigate that problem for an opportunity to play fair (aka no tunneling, camping, slugging, or unfun add ons, unless I'm facing a 3 to 4 man SWF bully squad, then all fair play is off the table.). Also the fact that Ruin got nerfed because of new players, and apparently players who can't hit skillchecks (seriously if you are at red ranks and can't hit great skill checks, you shouldn't be there). The Ruin nerf made red ranks a sweat feast for killers against optimal survivors, and SWF, and a breeze as a survivor with optimal red rank teammates. The dev stream after the nerf, just added fuel to fire, when they said to expect to "Lose 3 gens in the early game". The ruin nerf just made about 80% of the killers unviable at red ranks.
The fact that you have survivors having a lot of second chance perks that cover up any mistake a survivor makes. Especially with the Unbreakable + DS combo where you are untouchable for a straight minute and don't get punished. I've been hit by DS at times where I don't even tunnel, in which I just down survivors too fast because they are potatoes.
Lets also mention how toxic some players can be and just attempt to bully you when attempting to have fun at the game. This game has the worst toxicity on a level I haven't seen before, especially from survivors. The amount of butthurt some players get just by being outplayed and the amount of spam they attempt to flood you with by just playing in a way someone doesn't like. I've been DDOSed by a survivor just because I slugged them.
The last thing that just annoys me is how the rate of survivor bugs get rapidly fixed compared to killer bugs. Survivor bugs like the DS bug, and the Basement bug got relatively fixed in a week or two, compared to the killer sound bugs, which have been going on for at least 3-6 months. We had bugs on the nurse, which made her unplayable there for months but still not fixed, but a DS bug can be fixed in at most two weeks? I'm sensing a pattern here.
I said in some previous posts that after I spent all my ebony and ivory moris on killers, I would quit after ruin was nerfed, and today is the day. I gave the Devs one last chance, and so far they shown me that a 2.5 sec sabo is fair, the toolbox "nerfed" ended up making toolboxes essentially mini-BNPs, and releasing a killer who is arguably worse than clown, despite the amount of feedback.
Currently, I'm find games like Minecraft, War Thunder, COD, and Plague Inc Evolved a lot more fun and enjoyable, and actually rewards you for putting in the time and effort to learn.
I'll still lurk around the forums, and watch youtube vids of DBD, and might come back if the game changes for the better, but for now I'm gonna spend my time and money on games that don't favor one side of the spectrum, and has a better community.
TL:DR: Burnt out from the game due to how crap the recent patches are, and how certain patches essentially deteriorated the game for me, and essentially killed it.
Comments
The nurse nerf was needed and if you ask me she's still one of the strongest killers. What you on about?
She's bugged to hell and back. The devs could have put on a bandaid fix in this latest patch to remove a bug from her that they will ban players for, but they left it in. Add onto that spontaneously losing blink charges, hitbox issues, and fatigue stacking, and she's not viable at the moment.