The no sabotaging of bear traps...

I'm not sure how I feel about that. I think Trapper was fine the way he is. Now I just see Trappers spamming the same spots with traps and it really bogs down the survivors. I'm all for a challenge, but I think it's a bit much.

Comments

  • Trapper still has to literally go find his traps and set them up, usually giving up 1-2 generators in the process just to setup a competent 3-gen or 4-gen area of effect.

    Second, you can still de-activate his traps, you just can't sabotage them and make them literally unable to be used for 1-3 minutes, which is actually taking away Trappers power, especially if god forbid he's going against an SWF with Object of Obsession.

    Trappers were going to trap the same spots regardless of change to sabotage because those spots either shut down loops or are common thoroughfares for survivors as they move around the map, no amount of changes was going to dissuade that idea.

    Trapper deals with enough problems right now, he always starts on the back foot and ends up behind on generators constantly, at least allowing him full use of all his traps throughout the game was a needed change.

  • Thanks for clearing this up, I thought sabotaging meant that you couldn't even deactivate them, so I just started avoiding them altogether.

  • @Deadman316 said:

    Thanks for clearing this up, I thought sabotaging meant that you couldn't even deactivate them, so I just started avoiding them altogether.

    No worries, I had a feeling this was the issue.

  • It's weird how many trapper-specific rules there were. The concept of "killer's posessions," the only killer who could have their power sabotaged. Kinda gives an insight into what their plans for the future might have been around the time of first release.

  • @Junebug said:

    It's weird how many trapper-specific rules there were. The concept of "killer's posessions," the only killer who could have their power sabotaged. Kinda gives an insight into what their plans for the future might have been around the time of first release.

    Were? There still are so many Trapper counters.

    Slippery Meat. Small Game. Object. Pretty much any bad timed aura reading.

    People don't use them a lot because the Trapper is no longer 1/3 of the killers.

    But Slippery Meat and Small Game are still out of date perks made in a time where perks against specific killers we're somewhat viable.